8" midbass driver suggestions

bcbrassard

T400-4 puts out 150 rms in 2 ohm. That would get the midbass moving some.

And that is set up perfectly for the XXXs. 150@2ohm.

That would be a lot of component sets in your system, but I doubt there's a better mid bass driver for the money than the XXX.

Exodus Anarchy ;)

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

You think those XXX's are badass huh?

DSC_4733_zps1292fb9a.jpg

DSC_4742_zps42063815.jpg

DSC_4739_zps56d12ed7.jpg

Next to some Polk dB651's

DSC_4752_zpse8f53c59.jpg

11mm of Xmax :D

These are oversized 6.5's, so a little off topic, but I had too :drink40:

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

CDT has some beefy 6.5s. They have a crazy frequency response too, 10-4000hz

I have look at them before, and considering them too. They just dont make alot of good 8" non-pro audio drivers. Couple 7" out there so i might have to go that route. I will keep searching though, hard to give up. lol

I know you said you don't want pro drivers so I'm just throwing this out there so that its known. You may know already but, "The NeoPro line is Sundown Audio's solution to the weak mid-bass produced by "Pro Sound" style speakers in a car door. The problem is most Pro style speakers are designed for ported boxes... but the NeoPro line was specifically engineered for car audio usage! The NeoPro speakers are well known for their smooth sound as well so they aren't just for getting loud." Sundown Audio

I know that these were designed to have good midbass.

Alright the other suggestion I have, which someone mentioned, are the JL ZR800 and the Rockford P3. There are other 8s but I don't know about how much bass they have. The few times Ive heard those T3s though I really liked them and thought they had awesome midbass thats why I was surprised you were having problems.

OH theres no problems with the system, theres just always more! I have looked at the Neo Pro and have the info saved. And like i said if i am going to fiberglass T3s in why not add alittle more midbass to the doors. I wanted a stock look to build at first and finding i dont care about that i just want the best sound i can get. The kicker panels have helped but fiberglassing the T3 at the right angle with some midbass would be badass. I will have almost 2k on the HDS310 and still might be underpowering them so i am thinking amp upgrade for them as well. Well see how it all sounds when substage is done.

you should also make sure it isn't the install killing your mid-bass. won't do you much good to replace the speakers just to have the same issues.

Thanks but read the whole thread, its not an install issue. Its personal choice to have more midbass up front. Doors are sound deadened, acoustic foamed, sealed with metal and sound deadened again. I have like 100 hrs on my doors. The T3s angle is not the best for listening position. I will not be replacing but adding too the set up.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/4319-sq-how-to-tune-your-system-a-must-read/

read the first part of this thread. The more I think about it the more I can't help but wonder if its not maybe the speakers cancelling each other. Like my JL XR650s at lower volumes are plenty and don't even need a sub. I cross them over and put the sub back in when its just me driving and I want it loud but at normal volumes they have plenty of bass. I get all three mirrors moving just with the 6.5s. I would say that the T3s are good enough to play some good mid bass. I though about getting 8s but decided to make sure the doors were deadened and sealed, also did what it says on the first part of that thread and the mid bass hammers. Just don't want you to spend more money and still have a problem you know.

I dont know how we got this thread topic in the direction that i have a problem guys. I like midbass, i have great midrange, shakes my mirrors and all that, but you can hear a gap between freq in the system. Its all a personal preference right? I was wanting suggestions on good 8" midbass on 75 rms to help fill in the lows upfront. Build has been going for 2 yrs and i know what it needs to be improved to my liking. I am no expert but its also not my first build and do tons of research before acting, and i learn from my mistakes. Systems strong but it can alway be better right guys?

Archived