8" midbass driver suggestions

bcbrassard

Hey guys, Looking for suggestions on a 8" midbass driver in my front doors. I am thinking about fiberglassing doors to mold T3 comps in stock location and in doing so i would like to use map door panel pocket to mold in a 8" midbass driver.

Currently running T3s in doors and T2s in kicker panels for a total of 500 watts. I would really like a tad more midbass up front and thinking some 8s would help fill in the gap a bit. They would be running on 75 rms off a RF T400-4. Doors and car is sound deadened really good, just would like more.

I also dont care for pro audio speakers much. Any suggestions would be appreciated. So far what i have found is Selenium, DTI and the Neo Pros from sundown( which are pro audio). 4 ohms due to lack of power from the T400-4.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Pics of door panels

Lancerstereoupgrade3022_zps7d41375d.jpg

03lancerupgrade3019_zps35694a99.jpg

03lancerupgrade3018_zpse37e8544.jpg

03lancerupgrade3032_zpse4a7eb98.jpg

Give ya guys an idea of what i have to work with. Thanks for any suggestions.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool, i will have to look into those. Like i listed above was all i found for a quick search on amazon. Lots of pro audio in 8 ohm so i thought you guys might have some good suggestions. Thanks

shit, do a rf8" mid .. like meade ? :shrug:

Shit i want to do that in my kicker panels but small ass car was too small. I thought adding another set of comps would help... and it did but still needs a little something if you know what i mean! lol

You know looking at what you have, you should have plenty of mid bass. All I can think of is that either your door isn't sealed or you need to make sure the phases aren't out and canceling each other. I guess maybe double check that your crossover and eq is set right.

NO, thats shits all solid. Doors seal with metal, sound deadener, acoustic foam. Nothing wrong with eq settings or crossovers. RF speakers have good midrange but lack midbass some. Thats why i want some 8s in the doors. Rebuilding sub stage now with 2 HDS310s in 36 hz ported box firing into cab and will be sealed off from the trunk. It just only makes sense to me if i fiberglass door panels so T3s are firing at listen position better to add some 8s in the door also.

Archived