New to the SQ game

crw092782

Sounds like a good sounding system build ... But sorry to say, not Sound Quality (Yes, there is a diference) ...

First thing I would be seeking out would be a great pair of components for the front stage and work with tweeter positioning.

I know what SQ means. I was just saying that part of me would rather go to a more SPL build given the low cost of the subs. I am still checking in to component sets for the front. I just realized that I have 5.25's in the rear though. Makes my ocd kick in knowing they are not the same size front and back. lol I will probably swing back and forth 20 times before I order anything. It's what I do) Hearing a nice SQ setup is enough to make me want to build one of my own.

2004 Pontiac Vibe Build

Sony MEX-N5000BT

JBL P660C x 2

Sundown Audio Zv4 18

Crescendo BC2000D

Crescendo S800/4

Execution Audio 0 AWG Wire

Sky High Car Audio RCA's

Toolmaker Terminals

XS Power D1200

DC Power 240HP Alternator

Viper 5706

In the long run, a true SQ vehicle can equate to being cheaper than a number chasing SPL vehicle.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

In the long run, a true SQ vehicle can equate to being cheaper than a number chasing SPL vehicle.

Not to mention a lot better on gas mileage lol

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Absolutely

Sounds like a good sounding system build ... But sorry to say, not Sound Quality (Yes, there is a diference) ...

First thing I would be seeking out would be a great pair of components for the front stage and work with tweeter positioning.

I just realized that I have 5.25's in the rear though. Makes my ocd kick in knowing they are not the same size front and back.
Unless you have to change out your rears because of head unit swap, I'd leave them alone on radio power and concentrate on the Front stage and image ... They should work great as is giving you that rear ambience effect.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Not to mention a lot better on gas mileage lol

also better usage life of the vehicle. Most SPL vehicles have to be rebuilt every so often ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

I've always been curious about that train of thought. Wouldn't you distort off the head unit power before the rca's output distorts to the amps?

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

I've always been curious about that train of thought. Wouldn't you distort off the head unit power before the rca's output distorts to the amps?

Not sure what you are getting at brother ?? Are you asking if you can use the radio outputs and RCA oouputs at the same time ??

Not sure what you are getting at brother ?? Are you asking if you can use the radio outputs and RCA outputs at the same time ??

Sorry I think I was mashing two concepts together. I know you can use speaker outputs and RCA outputs at the same time. I guess my question is wouldn't you clip from head unit power before rca's run through an amp because of the RCA's having a higher clip/distortion point.

I have seen it suggested quite a few times to run the rears off an aftermarket head units speaker outputs. Then you would use the RCA out's from the aftermarket head unit to bi-amp some components or run all 4 channels of an amp up front.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Mainly depends on the characteristics of the headunit used in the application ...

some you can ... some you can't.

With this being my daily driver I am going to do it in stages. I ordered all of my deadener last night so I should have 50 sq ft delivered tomorrow. Once I get everything in, I am going to focus on a nice set of components up front for now. I figure it would be best to drop them in the factory locations for now, and then fiberglass a second set on the pillars later. I want to do it in sections to keep initial costs down, but so I can also hear the difference between each step. i.e. adding a 4-channel amp vs using head unit power.

2004 Pontiac Vibe Build

Sony MEX-N5000BT

JBL P660C x 2

Sundown Audio Zv4 18

Crescendo BC2000D

Crescendo S800/4

Execution Audio 0 AWG Wire

Sky High Car Audio RCA's

Toolmaker Terminals

XS Power D1200

DC Power 240HP Alternator

Viper 5706