Krakin Posted April 24, 2014 Report Posted April 24, 2014 Either way, they don't act the same way. The excursions, the impedance graphs, along with other factors don't act the same in any sorts. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
TortoiseShore Posted April 24, 2014 Author Report Posted April 24, 2014 What are some good books, articles, etc to read about enclosures? I understand a little, but I'm still new go the designing and building aspect. Need to learn more about it.
Krakin Posted April 24, 2014 Report Posted April 24, 2014 The loudspeaker design cookbook, any of Richard Small's or A. N. Thiele's JAES papers, here, anything published by JBL or Klipsch, Siegfried Linkwitz, http://www.subwoofer-builder.com/index.htm, and possibly the best for beginners, http://bcae1.com/ That should keep you entertained for a long time, lol. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
TortoiseShore Posted April 24, 2014 Author Report Posted April 24, 2014 The loudspeaker design cookbook, any of Richard Small's or A. N. Thiele's JAES papers, here, anything published by JBL or Klipsch, Siegfried Linkwitz, http://www.subwoofer-builder.com/index.htm, and possibly the best for beginners, http://bcae1.com/ That should keep you entertained for a long time, lol. Sweet lol. I get bored when I'm not doing homeowork or working, so I need stuff to read. Does 54 in^2 of port sound alright for the x's? Tuned to ~34hz according to Torres
alaskanzx5 Posted April 24, 2014 Report Posted April 24, 2014 Either way, they don't act the same way. The excursions, the impedance graphs, along with other factors don't act the same in any sorts. I can't prove it but just stated what I've heard. The way I see it is that if the port is to large you won't have the cone control you should have. That would take a rather huge port for the majority of subs members use on here though. to large of a port from what I've read as well is that it can create a more peaky response but that to small can cause port noise or the lack of band width. just stuff I've heard/read with no testing that I could see behind it. imo just shoot for what the sub you have asks for and don't go to far below or above it unless trying to see what the limits of port area are for that sub/install. t1500bdcp 2 t2d4 15" 1 t600.4 1 t400.2 1 set p1 tweets singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.
john253a Posted April 24, 2014 Report Posted April 24, 2014 Idd drop the port to 12.5h x 4.5w Other then that it all looks good
TortoiseShore Posted April 24, 2014 Author Report Posted April 24, 2014 Idd drop the port to 12.5h x 4.5w Other then that it all looks good That's exactly what I did, and it is much better. Thanks!
blanestudly Posted April 24, 2014 Report Posted April 24, 2014 go to this page on sundown http://sundownaudio.com/index.php/products/subwoofers/item/x-series.html scroll to the bottom and click on box specs & cut sheets. you do need to have sketchup but there is even a download there. hope it helpsss
TortoiseShore Posted April 24, 2014 Author Report Posted April 24, 2014 go to this page on sundown http://sundownaudio.com/index.php/products/subwoofers/item/x-series.html scroll to the bottom and click on box specs & cut sheets. you do need to have sketchup but there is even a download there. hope it helpsssI downloaded it and changed it some so that I could fit it in my trunk and I'm liking the looks of it. Thanks for the help!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.