Virgin Canvas 2001 GMC Jimmy

nice car!!! :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Go sealed,might be harder to blow the woofers when her friends get in and peg the volume knob.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. lol. I love sealed enclosures. I tested 2 American Bass XD 12's in a slot port (in the pic) and +3 db is WOW...LOUD.

But absolutely NO ACCURACY.

But you know, younger people (her) like things louder than old people (me). I like "refined".

This is what I was thinking regarding getting back some space in the cargo area. Glass the sides of the box to the shape of the wheel well humps in the back.

I love this box design. Simple, elegant. You get cargo space!

blazer_zpsdba9f5b5.jpg

-Frank

nice car!!! :)

Thanks! It's been fun fixing her up. Man and Love all the $$$ I am saving by doing it myself! Having no deadline, sort of, makes it easy. I do not have to rush it.

Once I fix this one, next season I will buy one for myself and do the same thing. Shot!, maybe even go to auctions and pick one for $600 clean her up and flip here for what I paid $1700 with tax and dealer fees. They retail for $3200 on a car lot so I am well below that for now. The repairs plus the system will still be under the lot price!!

-Frank

Bought some 1/0 gauge Streetwires to do the BIG 3. Used about 12 ft of it.

Used the 0 gauge Stinger HFM to run to the back. Took forever on deciding where to mount the fuse holder. I just cleaned off the battery and 3M'ed it to the battery top. :D

IMAG5230_zps8fd94ae5.jpg

Got in trouble for spending too much of my friday with the wiring. Well, I am doing everything myself and I'm slow and picky to make sure it's done right!

IMAG5229_zpse50535ae.jpg

-Frank

How did I miss this?? Looking awesome! Keep it up!

Build log: Click

03 Chevy Blazer

- IPad Air 2 

- ALPINE Head Unit

- 4 DC XL 18s

- 2 DC 3.5k

- ALPINE TYPE R 5.25 COMP

- 3 ALPINE TYPE R 6.5 COMPs

- DC 175.4

- DC HO Alt

- D3400

- 4 XP3000s

- KNU 0ga

- 60 SqFt Damp Pro

Lots more...

• 2 weeks later...

I ran the wires to the door speakers.

IMAG5239_zps692c1375.jpg

I was itching to hear what "some bump" sounded like in this dome. So I installed some stuff I had laying around.

VIDEO0819_0000045123_zps9472e4a0.jpg

I spent 3 hrs at the local junk yard gettting parts for this thing. Had to replace the secondary air pump I JUST installed days ago. The exhaust manifold check valve went causing exhaust fumes to melt tubes and any plastic parts it came in contact with. I was bummed! $78.00 down the drain! GM parts would have cost me @ $600.00. Found all the tubes and pump for $45.00! There is n NO "ENGINE CHECK" light!!!! :D

IMAG5255_zps2caa026c.jpg

While at the yard I found a SUV I actually looked at for $1000! I could not believe it. She had already been lowered. So I went to work and picked up these bad boys.

BELL TECH 4223 2" coils..................$20.00!!!!!!!!!

BILSTEIN Sport Shocks.....................$24.00!!!!!!!!! Yes, they bounce back when compressed.

Bought some 3" angled rear blocks for $45.00 from Ebay.

gmcshocks002_zps21400a8e.jpg

gmcshocks001_zps169ef83a.jpg

I ordered all the stuff for the front end MOOG stuff! Spring insulators, Upper and Lower Ball Joints,etc. I will re-doing the entire front end very soon. Than, paint, than system!

-Frank

Archived