A. Looks awesome.

B. You sit are either single, or have one Hell of an understanding spouse. Think I'd have to spend the night in the car if I scattered that much stuff across a kitchen and dining room.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

A. Looks awesome.

B. You sit are either single, or have one Hell of an understanding spouse. Think I'd have to spend the night in the car if I scattered that much stuff across a kitchen and dining room.

Single and 20. Most of the house only looked that bad for a day. Garage was in that condition for over 3 months. After dad got his stingray back from the dealership for some body repairs my car was parked outside until everything came in.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds excellent. Crisp and clean highs, incredible (by my standards) bass. Max clean volume on HU is 33 (according to DD-1+), pre-outs of 3Sixty.3 turned down to around 3.8 vRMS, gains set with -3 overlap on subs and -5 on mids/highs (sub amp is ~500 over rated for the subs, according to the RF PVC), and I haven't turned the volume above 22 yet, and it's been superbly impressive.

I have yet to do any EQ or TA on the car; I have a feeling it needs quite a bit of both to get the sound "perfect". After the semester's over I'll be doing some experimenting with an RTA/FFT's and some pink noise.

The car isn't any noticeably slower than it was before, although I expected at least a little impact from adding ~200lbs of weight to the entire car. Balance is probably about equal due to the battery in the front and subs/amps in the back. I'll cut the speed/handling difference with new tires, shocks, and probably a head/cam package this summer or fall.

Thanks for stopping by!!

Out of curiosity ... Two things ...

1.) I believe you kept the stock alternator, yes?

2.) I have to assume you have been out at night, & jammin' on the system near full-tilt, or more, ... where are you at as far as voltage drops &/or your dash/headlighs dimming? Like when the bass hits, etc., ...

Zeke

'14

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS

MONTEside00030001.jpg

Vehicle Details & Mod List: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1703-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss/

Audio Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143276-2003-chevy-monte-carlo-ss-audio-build-ib-build

Pioneer FH-P8000BT

Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1

Fi IB3 (Two 12", 2-ohm SVC)

RF T400-2 & T500-1bdCP

MechMan S Series 240A

XS Power D3400 & D975

311-vector-logo_zps0d152f73.png sutliffSig_zpsb1df26dd.png

Sounds excellent. Crisp and clean highs, incredible (by my standards) bass. Max clean volume on HU is 33 (according to DD-1+), pre-outs of 3Sixty.3 turned down to around 3.8 vRMS, gains set with -3 overlap on subs and -5 on mids/highs (sub amp is ~500 over rated for the subs, according to the RF PVC), and I haven't turned the volume above 22 yet, and it's been superbly impressive.

I have yet to do any EQ or TA on the car; I have a feeling it needs quite a bit of both to get the sound "perfect". After the semester's over I'll be doing some experimenting with an RTA/FFT's and some pink noise.

The car isn't any noticeably slower than it was before, although I expected at least a little impact from adding ~200lbs of weight to the entire car. Balance is probably about equal due to the battery in the front and subs/amps in the back. I'll cut the speed/handling difference with new tires, shocks, and probably a head/cam package this summer or fall.

Thanks for stopping by!!

Out of curiosity ... Two things ...

1.) I believe you kept the stock alternator, yes?

2.) I have to assume you have been out at night, & jammin' on the system near full-tilt, or more, ... where are you at as far as voltage drops &/or your dash/headlighs dimming? Like when the bass hits, etc., ...

yep, stock alt. plans to upgrade to a BilletTech for higher output, but no clue when

no issues with dimming lights anywhere. headlights are HID's, believe dash is standard incandescent though.

I don't have a low-latency volt meter (like a VM-1), but the digital one built into the car hasn't shown any real drops in voltage.

max clean volume on my headunit is 33 according to DD-1+, and the highest I've ever listened to it is 22, so some voltage issues may present themselves at higher volumes.

still letting the subs get broken in somewhat gently before I get to feeding them the full 1.5x their rated power...also have to do EQ and TA on the system (although it sounds damn good for running totally flat). Now that exams are through with I might finally have some time for that...

• 1 year later...

April 18: close up of low-amperage power distribution/relay circuitry

IMG_1891.jpg

I'll break this down: power and ground connections come from primary distribution blocks (in passenger rear fender well behind carpet) and connect on the right side of image.

from here, power is split to 4 fused channels (grey fuse block in middle of image). 2 are unused. One channel feeds the 3Sixty.3, which needs a constant power source and is switched on by the head unit's accessory signal. The other channel feeds the relay.

when the head unit is on, the 3Sixty.3 energizes the relay, which sends power to 6 fused channels (2x amp turn ons, backup camera power, amp rack cooling fan, 2 spare) [black fuse block on left]

April 19: close up of sleeved/heatshrunk ends of SHCA 4ga OFC power cable entering RF T1000-1bdCP amplifier.

IMG_1892.jpg

April 19: more wire management completed

IMG_1893.jpg

April 19: a view of the kitchen table. Helmet's from the race track (was there the morning of the 18th to drive a Mustang FR500S, which was incredible).

Sub boxes and subs are visible at lower right, amp rack is visible at far left (barely)

IMG_1894.jpg

April 19: ran out of room everywhere else so I had to use the kitchen counter to mount the amps to the amp rack and run low-amperage wires for turn-ons, etc.

IMG_1895.jpg

April 19: another view of "The S**T Room" (it still looks like this; I'll probably get to it next weekend)

IMG_1896.jpg

April 19: garage is finally getting a little better now that most of the car is in the car

IMG_1897.jpg

April 19: view of head unit installation. In a rush because I'm supposed to have Easter lunch 150 miles away less than 13 hours from when this photo was taken. Ended up not sleeping.

IMG_1898.jpg

April 20: view of installed head unit. Looks incredible. Noticed problem with speed sense wire (says I'm doing 66 while stopped in my driveway). Fixed issue later in the week.

IMG_1899.jpg

Insert family Easter lunch.

Insert impromptu visit to beach house in Pensacola, FL.

Insert even more impromptu spring break shenanigans in Destin, FL.

Insert pissed off 3 AM drive back to LA because of other stupid college kids, complete with awesome full throttle pull through the Mobile tunnel (boy that was loud).

April 24: back home, rear wall carpet installed.

IMG_1914.jpg

April 24: view of amp rack with cover in place. hidden fan located on passenger side.

IMG_1915.jpg

Project "complete" (because nothing's ever really done when you start modding things...)

I haven't done any equilization or time alignment yet; I'll probably wait until exams are concluded. As it is, the system sounds incredible. There are a couple places that I'll be adding additional sound deadening to this summer.

So, what do y'all think? Leave a comment, criticism, etc. Thanks for stopping by!!!\

NJE

How exactly did you wire and fuse your 3 sixty 3 I'm a little confused?

Archived