All I smell is Voice Coil..... Please help!

When you set your gains did you use the dd1 cd or transfer the tracks to your phone and tune from there?

If you used the cd, it could very well be the reason CDs sound better but quieter than your phone if the phone has a higher output signal voltage.

And what everyone else said, ypu aren't into the 50s lol

Team NorthWestSPL

OK. So i checked my voltage and the lowest it hit was 13.17vdc. Getting lower than it should I assume, I quit using my phone and went back to the CD book. Havent smelt that VC yet. I was able to turn up the bass a lil on the amp and now i am slumpin! (for 1 12" anyway). When i said 50's i did mean the volume on my headunit, not dB haha. I think im just going to go with CD's now, would it be the same to get a thumb drive and throw that in the USB port? If so thats the route i will choose. Its fun being excited about my sub again.... I was starting to be very disappointed with this type R. I had my system up all the way to work today and the cone is just warm, it was getting too hot to touch. Thanks for all the help guys, i will be upgrading my electrical when I have the money too. Thanks again.

And about the shop not wanting me to use the DD-1, he said if you introduce a little distortion that is what makes you loud!!! I was like, yeah, bust the meter out lets do this sh*t right. I shot him $20 just to do it the way i wanted. BS, then he proceeds to tell me that Steve is there supplier for xspower batteries and i could talk to the shop owner to see if he could order me one. F that, Ill buy it straight from the source I wont be back to this shop, too bad to cause there real close to my house haha.

AQ3500.1
15" Fi SP4
1/0 Knuconceptz Power/Ground

1/0 Sky High Big 3 Upgrade
Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
XS Power D1200 Underhood

Intimidator Gel In Trunk

CES 250A Alternator

Still no Issues, I can't believe that this was the only problem. What do you guys think is an achievable spl out of 1 12"? I am getting some windshield flex now too, the rear window is jumping like hell. I really appreciate the help with this.

AQ3500.1
15" Fi SP4
1/0 Knuconceptz Power/Ground

1/0 Sky High Big 3 Upgrade
Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
XS Power D1200 Underhood

Intimidator Gel In Trunk

CES 250A Alternator

I am not sure about the DD-1 car off vs on. I was just doing mine the other day and I set it with car on then checked it with car off and the gain was the same using both methods. Just my experience.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

I am not sure about the DD-1 car off vs on. I was just doing mine the other day and I set it with car on then checked it with car off and the gain was the same using both methods. Just my experience.

I'll bite.

Recently, after a lot of testing, I have confirmed 1 thing-The DD1 is great for setting gains, provided you never hook up speakers and/or play music.

Flame on!

Archived