low voltage causing rpms to drop?

so as some of you know i am working on my build. i have my alternator installed and the x15 in a crap box just so i could go to a buddys house and stuff to dd1 an amp and he gave me this zeus amplifier from hifonics. my voltmeter never drops below 13.2 cruising and when idle never below 13,0. when idling at a sign etc my rpms drop down below 550 and my car starts to shake as if it is about to kill itself. i am trying to figure out what it is ive loosened the belt on the alt turned the gain on the amp down and nothing has changed!!! HELP ME!!!

That to me sounds more like a mechanical problem than an electrical although it might have something to do with your alt belt. Both of my parents vehicles have done that to the point where they would almost shut off (my dad's actually did once). I'd have the mechanics looked at to see if that was it.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

You loosened the belt or tightened it?

When you amplifier calls for current it'll put a load on your alternator and return will bog your engine down. Your ECU should then rise up the rpms to compensate a bit.

i.e. when I put both windows up at the same time at idle I'll hear my engine bog down to about 500rpm from 600rpm and then my ECU will rise the rpm to about 900 then back down to 700rpm.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

It's your alt bogging your motor down, shit happened to me while demoing at Turkey drag and killed my truck lmfao

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Your belt should be tight or else it will slip.

Engine bogging is pretty common when a big load is applied to the alternator. Most alternators require 1500 rpm or more to run at full output, that's why when you're cruising its not an issue.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

Your engine relies on electrical to keep running. Spark plugs, coils, etc. when there isn't enough current (notice I said current and not voltage) to go around this is what happens. Well one of the things.

Archived