NBA ruling. Was it just? and such? What you think? (Donald Sterling)

Because the PLAYERS are such paragons of virtue and good behavior it's a shame that a team owner would sully the good name and reputation of the organization.

Good God. Are there really still adults who get emotionally invested in watching people play a game with a ball? Grow up... and if you're that upset by someone's opinion, grow a pair of eggs. What a bunch of thumbsucking children we are as a society.

You are basically saying that it's ok, just let him keep everything and just go back to business as usual?!

You are supporting the theory that the rich and powerful can do whatever they want and are above the law and public opinion...'

I say NO, hold his feet to the fire and make him accountable for his actions... That's what we are sorely lacking in this country... ACCOUNTABILITY!!

What ACTIONS? He made no action, he expressed his personal beliefs in private and the recording has been spread around lol. So you think if you made a rrcist comment at home, to your friend, you should get fired from your job? Yeah that makes a lot of sense...

It does acutally

If i express i dont like asians.... well...

but, if the company president did.........??? that isnt differnet to you?

edit 2 - see the other times hes been sued for...... in the past.......

No that isn't different, company president, salesman, part-time intern, doesn't matter. If you think it is different, I would have to ask why you think different people should be held to different standards? Just because he has more money and power? I don't understand that line of thought.

Hahah so, if our hypothetical company president were sitting at home and turned to his wife and said "You know what, I dont like asians. They suck at driving and are way too smart" You really think that sort of thing warrants being fired?

I am only basing my opinion off of the current topic, don't care enough about any of this to research his past and why he is being sued by other people. But really, personal opinions, if they dont affect his actual actions in regards to the team...why does it matter?

You may not agree with him (I don't and I doubt any of us do lol he sounds like an idiot) but does that really mean he should be forced to sell and leave the organization?

Team NorthWestSPL

Everyone's so pissy wissy wusssy about this whole stupid little story

..who gives a crap if someone don't like you..if a black man was

ILLEGALLY recorded

saying "Whitey white people suck, so don't be seen with any of 'em",

i'd be just like "the hellz that about"?, followed by getting on with my life!!

So some people don't like one another big fk'n deal..such a pissy society of

group hugs the media wants everyone to be...

Its not A BLACK man..

its a OWNER.

If ANYONE said that, it would be wrong.

See........ you are missing it.

N-O-P-E, not missing a dam thing!! He said what he did in a fk'n private setting

and now it's full blown into a beast of some sort like he was preaching his message

in a stadium..he SHOULD be allowed to say whateva the fuk he wishes :

in his own fuk'n house!

Everyone's so pissy wissy wusssy about this whole stupid little story

..who gives a crap if someone don't like you..if a black man was

ILLEGALLY recorded

saying "Whitey white people suck, so don't be seen with any of 'em",

i'd be just like "the hellz that about"?, followed by getting on with my life!!

So some people don't like one another big fk'n deal..such a pissy society of

group hugs the media wants everyone to be...

Its not A BLACK man..

its a OWNER.

If ANYONE said that, it would be wrong.

See........ you are missing it.

But i thought if you said it, it would be different than a company pres? lolol :P

Team NorthWestSPL

I think banning him was just, but not forcing him to sell the team. I am just as offended by him as I am the black people who knew about this guy (doc rivers naacp) trying to be opportunisticly offended. That's my piece......... peace

so.. let him own a team..

That NO one would play for.... No one would go see.... No one would PAY to go see?

That hurts the ENTIRE sport.

Big picture dude...

You do bring up the BEST point.

HE was under bullshit from decades ago..... that...... that is the problem also. Why now?

cuz its sexy. Ill let you all go nuts on that

I couldn't elaborate too much because I was on my phone. I'll keep it real, I mean this dude does have freedom of speech. If he doesn't like certain people, those people have a right to not play for him. Money talks and people go deaf when enough is thrown at them. I know for 100% fact that Doc Rivers knew he was working for a racist. I also know once those "M's" got put in his bank account, he didn't care who he was working for. Just an example that people will work for him. Not only do I believe players will play for him, people will still watch. Controversy is popular and it makes for ratings. I think Sterling is a piece of shit but that doesn't give me or anyone else the right to make him give any of his properties or belongings away because he said some dumb shit. I can understand the NBA not wanting this dude around now but when the clippers wasn't worth anything and Sterling was acting even more of a sick bastard they turned a blind eye. I NO WAY ENDORSE WHAT HE SAID OR DID, nor will I let his personal feelings affect my thought or send me into a frenzy. The one thing I will say is funny is how someone doesn't realize that they are racist. Every time I hear anyone during a race debate bring up examples of another race being racists I can't help but feel that person is a racist too. Whew!

Sounds like politics ....

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

The Magic picture had nothing to do with the recording. That was just TMZ "making" it a story. Or fueling the fire.

TMZ is allegedly going to be looking at a lawsuit as a result of this too.

Nope...

only if they submit to court of law..

They are fine..... not even a problem there

Using someone's picture without their consent doesn't only apply in a court of law IIRC.

EDIT: Lawsuit is allegedly being filled by the other girl in the picture not Sterling.

THis isnt a court of law

Lol, people don't undertand this at all! Court of public opinion can be just as bad.

If a tape of any one of us, saying racist or any other derogatory comments surfaced in the media,(to your boss, coworkers, customers) there would be consequences.. Just to different degrees depending on your position.

The old adage "with great power, comes great responsibility".

Well that's what happens when you are at an elevated position like he is.. You have to be responsible with your words and actions.. You can't say what you want when you want. Or you better make damn sure it doesn't reach the public light.

I think banning him was just, but not forcing him to sell the team. I am just as offended by him as I am the black people who knew about this guy (doc rivers naacp) trying to be opportunisticly offended. That's my piece......... peace

That NO one would play for.... No one would go see.... No one would PAY to go see?

Big picture dude...

I bet money that the game tonight won't be anywhere near empty.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

Big picture dude...

I bet money that the game tonight won't be anywhere near empty.

True, but it's not just about the average fan/customer tho.. Corporations are customers too, and they got bigger money. You see there's already been a dozen or so sponsors drop or suspend sponsorship contracts with the clippers. That's money out of not only the clippers but the whole NBA.. (And maybe each team depending on the last restructuring of the bargaining agreement).. It's effects are far greater than just one man and one team.

See how this can be an issue for everyone involved?

I see what you mean that they are losing sponsorships now, but I think if you give it time some different ones will fill in. It's obvious that people will forget and sponsors will forget because it's happened once. If he still kept the team and in no way showed his face around anything affiliated with the clippers, in time we'll forget or stop caring or go on to the next big thing.

Archived