Sonic Electronix

1 15 inch AQ or 1 18 inch AQ HDC4 whats the maximum air space?

10.65 is a big box to big for a 15, go for the 18.. Why do you plan on tuning so high, will you be competing ? yes i plan to compete and i was tuning it too young jezzy thug motivation if you got a better solution for tuning im all ears this is going in old school lincoln town car from 86

are the back seats taken out and the box and port firing towards the windshield?

if you plan on competing and want a loud daily, i'd do that.

edit: recommended for AQ woofers is 35-37. higher if you plan to compete, but you lose low note output.

i can fit that size box in my car lol. Ok i had the Audioque hdc3 18 in a 7.5 cubic foot box tuned around 35hz and that was plenty big of a box for the sub. Also depends on how much power you want to run that can help you decide how big of a box it should take. Overpowering the sub most likely want a smaller box. Also dont tune to one song. 41hz is really high but if your only doing it for comps than do it. But if your driving around listening to just normal ass music your gonna ask yourself why did i do this. I had my AQ hdc3 18 in a 7.5 cu ft box tuned to 35hz on a AQ 2200d and was doing a 143 on music in the trunk of my car. You can tune the box for soundqubed subs a little higher than other subs and will still hit lows pretty well. If it were me again i would do the 18 in a 6.5 cu ft box tuned to 35hz for some good number for comps and still have nice driving around bass, and feed it some good power.

2004 Grand Marquis
AA Mayhem 18
Crescendo 3500d
6.5's AQ Pro Audio
AQ Super Tweets
Image Dynamics 6x9
Soundqubed 125.4
MB Quart 80.4
144.2 db

GONZO

2013 Chrysler 300S

Granite Crystal Metallic Exterior

Inferno Red Interior

5.7 HEMI AWD

LMI Air Hammer Intake

Corsa exhaust

Custom Tune

I'm tuned to 41 with my 2hdc3 12s. Still plays lows 35hz sounds best to (my) ears and has roll off at 29hz. To be real I had them in a box at 35hz and it sounded much better. I think you should go down a bit in the tuning. They can play up high and dig down low from 35hz. I know when I do a new box I will go back to 35, but that's just me..

I agree 35 Hz would be a lot better for playing lows than 41 Hz, but really 32-35 Hz would be good

Heres the thing i believe he may have the same style trunk as me... Therse a ledge in the trunk and the box will sit down and infront of that ledge. If thats the case its hard to figure out whats best for that trunk to have sub up port up or sub and port towards the rear. Theres a guy on here that has tried it all and says if your gonna do it make a forth order and have the port coming up through the rear deck lid. I have sub up and port up right now and did the 144 on my current setup

2004 Grand Marquis
AA Mayhem 18
Crescendo 3500d
6.5's AQ Pro Audio
AQ Super Tweets
Image Dynamics 6x9
Soundqubed 125.4
MB Quart 80.4
144.2 db

GONZO

2013 Chrysler 300S

Granite Crystal Metallic Exterior

Inferno Red Interior

5.7 HEMI AWD

LMI Air Hammer Intake

Corsa exhaust

Custom Tune

How many people commenting that 41hz is too high have actually ran a similar sub in a box tuned to 41hz?

I'm also very interested to see a 10 cube net ported box in a trunk.

Recommended ported enclosure for most 18s is 5-8 cubes... My friend has an L7 12 ported tuned to 40 Hz and it gets loud but doesn't hit the lows no where near like my cousins sa 12s tuned to 32 Hz.

okay thanks guys im looking at buliding a wedge type box with 8.26 cubes without 18 in it, with sub it comes out to 6.56 cubes and im wanting to put the port outside the box im running the port straight out the back of the box into the drop down arm rest hole in the back seat so all my air go straight into the cab. will this idea work right? the port will be tuned to 30 to 33 hertz at 8 inches wide by 7 inches high at about 19.62 inches long

okay thanks guys im looking at buliding a wedge type box with 8.26 cubes without 18 in it, with sub it comes out to 6.56 cubes and im wanting to put the port outside the box im running the port straight out the back of the box into the drop down arm rest hole in the back seat so all my air go straight into the cab. will this idea work right? the port will be tuned to 30 to 33 hertz at 8 inches wide by 7 inches high at about 19.62 inches long

30hz is super low for AQ woofers.

if you plan to win trophies, i'd honestly utilize a port plug in your box design. higher tuning for comps and lower tuning for demo city.

Archived