XS Power

If a DC Power 270xp is the largest alternator you can fit under the hood. D3400 Up front.

What would you recommend to run as a battery bank in the trunk for 10k rms?

Editted typos

Edited by cgrez33

Current Build:

1999 Tahoe #ComingSoon

Previous Build(s):

Crossfire Magnum

5k Pontiac G6 GT

Depends on the vehicle but I think a good start would be 5 batts. Biggest you can get to fit in what ever area you have. Do some voltage drop tests then add more if needed.

2 runs 2/0gauge or 4 runs 0 gauge min and in this case it might be more beneficial to do ground runs but if I was you I would do frame grounds and runs.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

If your budget allows four D3100s. If it doesn't, then two and monitor your voltage

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Possibly, you didn't mention vehicle ( some are known for low charging voltage) or wiring. Also need to make sure your not clipping because it can create more heat which is bad for electrical.

if you go for it watch voltage drop and just make sure you top your batteries off ad much as possible.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Im at ~8k total....

270a Alt, 3 D3100's, and 1 S3400, voltage full tilt is about 12.0v flat.

I would suggest 4 D3100's in the back, but more so, dual alts or a bigger one like a 370.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

I think the 270 and four D3100s would really be manageable, but like Chevy said more alternator would be nice. What's your budget, that's the best way to find a suitable option.

Maybe dual 270s and two D3100s

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I think the 270 and four D3100s would really be manageable, but like Chevy said more alternator would be nice. What's your budget, that's the best way to find a suitable option.

Maybe dual 270s and two D3100s

I have a Pontiac G6 Gt. Like I said I currently HAVE a DC270xp d3400 and 4 d3100's. I was curious about this because I really can't fit anymore batteries and want to stay in the trunk. So I was curious to see what I can get with what I got. I really doubt I can fit another 270 under the hood.

Current Build:

1999 Tahoe #ComingSoon

Previous Build(s):

Crossfire Magnum

5k Pontiac G6 GT