IMPORTANT! potential alternator problem

my birthday is in august, so my mom MAY help me out for an early b-day present. so that would be wonderful. but my next concern is, how long is the average wait for an alternator from mechman? i was reading and some say 2 weeks, some say month. i just dont want to order it, my car dies, then im stuck without a car till i get the alternator.

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Mine took around or just over a week IIRC.

Do you have battery charger? Could keep your battery topped off overnight every night to put less strain on the alt. Keep fans off, radio off, everything you can to keep the strain down while you try to get the funds.

ok i will do that. yes i have a battery charger that ill throw on there every night. it will be so hard not listening to music! but the way i have my volt meter ran, i need the head unit on. so do you think its fine if its on, just on volume 0?

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Ok I will resist bumping. And I'll see if I can check the belt. Alternator is buried in my engine so I'll see what I can do. Do you think it would be ok to go on a 2 hour drive there and back?

NO-pe! Don't do it,being stranded will suck a big testicle,

$120-you'll most probable have to get towed to a garage if it poops out(odds are not in your favor)

$350- You'll have no tools to do this on you,so garage install($200)+new OE like alt$(150)

*Just get that new 240Amp alt NOW*

OR

Take a friends car.

Ok I will resist bumping. And I'll see if I can check the belt. Alternator is buried in my engine so I'll see what I can do. Do you think it would be ok to go on a 2 hour drive there and back?

NO-pe! Don't do it,being stranded will suck a big testicle,

$120-you'll most probable have to get towed to a garage if it poops out(odds are not in your favor)

$350- You'll have no tools to do this on you,so garage install($200)+new OE like alt$(150)

*Just get that new 240Amp alt NOW*

OR

Take a friends car.

Ok. We will take a different car. I think I'll be getting the 240a amp tonight.

If you really want to get crazy,pull your Alt out now,tear apart and see if it's JUST the brush faces

than could simply use a light sanding down..

Yeah, I have no clue how to do that. Lol.

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Ok, so I just placed the order for my 240a g series mechman alternator!! Hopefully it gets here before the stock one takes a poop. So pumped right now!! Thanks everyone for your input!

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

When I called little over a month ago it was taking them 7 days on avg to build and ship. Mine got to me in 9 days.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Archived