IMPORTANT! potential alternator problem

metered the connection. on battery posts, it is 12.8v when it is off, and 13.4 when it is idling, and tested at the amp with same results. which is the same as the voltmeter reading at the amp. all grounds seem good. i do not have the big 3 done. just a 0 gauge from battery negative to ground. alternator is buried in my engine so i have to figure out how to do that. everything was fine until today. not sure :/ i will clean up battery terminals to make sure theres no gunk on them after class. will post if that changes anything. thank you for the advice. anyone else with suggestions?

have you tested the battery resting voltage ?

a quick easy way to test your alt, is wait till it gets dark out. get in you car music off everything off car running. turn your headlights on (highbeams may be easier to tell the difference tho) focus on the brightness of your headlights. then simply (assuming you have electric windows) roll your window down. if you see your lights dim or meter drop your alt is on its way out. The same thing happened to my girls camry last year. i got in it at night noticed the lights dimmed when i hit the window switch. thought that was odd. The next day i ran a extra volt meter i had. seen it was real low driving and at red lights it would drop down to 12s then 3 days later it shit the bed. funny thing when i bought her the new alt i has auto zone check the bad alt and they said it was fine. still brought the new Alt home hooked it up cars been fine ever since

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

huh. wow. i just took it to battery mart and they tested it. it is bad :( i only have 12v currently. so now i need to buy an alternator. was e-mailing mechman and got a quote. 350 for a 240A g series. this is out of my price range, and asked if there was a cheaper one. he said the 170A would be fine. called today, and the 240A would be the only one to fit my car :/ so i dont know what to do. i would like a new one as soon as possible. dc doesnt make one for my car, and singer hasnt gotten back to me. any ideas of what to do??

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

my alternator is buried in my engine. im not gonna rip everything out to do it all over again a little later. dont know what to do. does singer have a number to call? i just see on the site that you can fill out a quote. i did that like a week ago with no reply :/

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

On week days, i got a response within 30 mins.. an hour ABSOLUTE tops.

On sat and Sundays, I got responses within an hour.. Fuck, we've had full convos some weekends

With that being said.. with any company, not everyone is going to have a perfect experience.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

yeah :/ i just dont know what to do. my alternator is for sure going out. i dont know how much longer it will last. so if i were to have to buy one, it would have to be like right now before im stuck without a car. i may just have to bite the bullet and go for the $350 one...

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

It took Singer 2 weeks then over 6 months to get back to me, and for my vehicle his price was higher for less output than Mechman was.

I've got emails with in a day.

And lots of other people also get a quick response too, I just didn't. :shrug:

Archived