rsfm089 Posted May 1, 2014 Report Posted May 1, 2014 So I just got my new sub today, d2 voice coils when I put the multimeter on it to check the coils they both read 2.6 is that okay or should I call the company. Don't want to put the company name out there cause I have a lot of faith in them and don't want to start some random bullspit
timc31610 Posted May 1, 2014 Report Posted May 1, 2014 If both read the same you should be good. Also make sure your dmm is set to resistance not continuity. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
rsfm089 Posted May 1, 2014 Author Report Posted May 1, 2014 Its set to 200ohm but it is really old first time I've ever bought something real so was worried
Joe X Posted May 1, 2014 Report Posted May 1, 2014 So I just got my new sub today, d2 voice coils when I put the multimeter on it to check the coils they both read 2.6 is that okay or should I call the company. Don't want to put the company name out there cause I have a lot of faith in them and don't want to start some random bullspit Test the leads of the multimeter. See what the multimeter reads when the leads touch each other.
xxgokouxx Posted May 1, 2014 Report Posted May 1, 2014 Take your multimeter, and touch both of the leads together (not measuring anything but your probes). If it reads .6 ohms, that means it is indeed a 2-ohm coil. It's how vape people determine whether or not their multimeter is a bit off or not.
poorfish88 Posted May 1, 2014 Report Posted May 1, 2014 VC can be a little off, an couple of tenth here or there is fine. Don't be 2 scare a say Soundqued. add 2
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.