Second Skin Audio

Hds312 sealed

Tuned in to see if anyone has this. I have a soft spot for sealed enclosures. I started with them when I was 15. Loved the responsive punchy sound from it. Tuned in.

2004 Pontiac Vibe Build

Sony MEX-N5000BT

JBL P660C x 2

Sundown Audio Zv4 18

Crescendo BC2000D

Crescendo S800/4

Execution Audio 0 AWG Wire

Sky High Car Audio RCA's

Toolmaker Terminals

XS Power D1200

DC Power 240HP Alternator

Viper 5706

Modeled against a few known to work on sealed subs and it looks like this particular sub would do ok, I wouldn't do it for an output oriented sub though (unless lacking space), a SQ sub is probably the type of sub one would want to go sealed with.

Just looking at all option with my friends $$$ citatory

And it seems to model very well sealed

And handle power well

So all in all in that price range there aren't to many subs that will work in 1net sealed and handle 1200rms daily

Well guys, I just asked the same question for ideas about (2) HDS3 12s, sealed in trunk. I am kind of fond of sealed enclosures and these subs modeled out great for a sealed enclosure. I actually called SoundQubed and talked to them about a sealed setup and they advised me against it. I asked why and they told me the suspensions are already so stiff, that they actually will do better in a ported enclosure.

Now, with all that said... I'm going to build a 1.5c/ft (3c/ft total) enclosure, seal that puppy up and put 1200RMS to each sub and see what happens. I was thinking about possibly going larger with the enclosure (because of stiff suspension) to hopefully flatten out the response curve. I wish I could have an answer and video to this question tomorrow, but I'm still waiting for my subs to arrive. I guess if it sounds like POOO, then I can build a proper vented enclosure to house the subs. I would need someones help on this site to provide me drawings on the proper vented enclosure for the HDS3 12's.

As soon as I get mine in, I will let you know how they come out. I will do my best to post a video and play various types of music... If you guys beat me to the punch, let me know how it turns out. Thanks!

2013 Toyota Camry SE

240a MechMan HO Alternator

1/0 Welding Flex Cable Big 3

CT Sounds 4000.1D

Kenwood XR400-4 Mid/High Amp

SoundQubed Q4-120 Mid Amp

Infinity Kappa 6.5 components

Kappa 6x9's for rear deck fill (coming out)

(4) 8" PRV 8MB450's

Set of SoundQubed SuperTweets

(2) DSS Ethos 12's D2's @32.5hz (building 4th order enclosure)

(2) SQ HDC3 10's @ 33.5hz (current build, loving them)

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

100 sq/ft Stinger RoadKill Sound Deadner

120 sq/ft QMat Sound Deadener

(4) Juice Box Black Cherries

Lots and Lots of feet of SHCA wire, along with 50' of Welding 1/0

2 Runs of 1/0 Positive front to back

ToolMaker Everywhere

Spoke to SoundQubed on this... They don't "suggest" a sealed enclosure for the reasons I stated above. They did say however, if you do decide to go sealed, use the box dimension they give for ported. What this means, so you don't have to go look it up is, you will need around 2 cubes (tight, punchy bass), or 2.5-3.0 cubes for a flatter response. I would suggest building a 5 c/ft sealed enclosure (for 2 HDS3 12's), giving you a net of somewhere around 4.5-4.6 after sub displacement/bracing. About 2.25 - 2.3 per chamber should give you a decent response. Hope this helps...

Me personally, If I'm building a 5 cube enclosure, I'm porting it for the extra output....

2013 Toyota Camry SE

240a MechMan HO Alternator

1/0 Welding Flex Cable Big 3

CT Sounds 4000.1D

Kenwood XR400-4 Mid/High Amp

SoundQubed Q4-120 Mid Amp

Infinity Kappa 6.5 components

Kappa 6x9's for rear deck fill (coming out)

(4) 8" PRV 8MB450's

Set of SoundQubed SuperTweets

(2) DSS Ethos 12's D2's @32.5hz (building 4th order enclosure)

(2) SQ HDC3 10's @ 33.5hz (current build, loving them)

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

100 sq/ft Stinger RoadKill Sound Deadner

120 sq/ft QMat Sound Deadener

(4) Juice Box Black Cherries

Lots and Lots of feet of SHCA wire, along with 50' of Welding 1/0

2 Runs of 1/0 Positive front to back

ToolMaker Everywhere

Archived