Second Skin Audio

Will this box work with a SA 15?

SQL50

I currently have a box which was originally designed for a Rockford P3 15. Roughly after displacement the SA 15 would have about 3 cu^ft after displacement, tuned right at 34-35 hz, with about 45 sq in of port area, L port, 2.75 in port opening. Would this work alright? Sundown specs said 3-4 cu^ft but is that cutting it too close on airspace? Running a Rockford R500X1D on it. Thanks in advance.

Edit: To answer your question I would go for closer to 4 cubes.

So the reason he says you need a bigger box is because of low power. With a smaller box like that you won't have to lows you are looking for most likely, depending on your tastes and musical preference. On low power you want a bigger box. On high power you want a smaller box so that the suspension can keep up. You don't want the sub suspension to over travel on high power so you use a smaller box.

You are on low power so a bigger box will help you get more out of it. If you plan on increasing power to like 2 times that amount then you could run that box but I would still probably go for like 3.5. If you triple the power then run that box

I currently have a box which was originally designed for a Rockford P3 15. Roughly after displacement the SA 15 would have about 3 cu^ft after displacement, tuned right at 34-35 hz, with about 45 sq in of port area, L port, 2.75 in port opening. Would this work alright? Sundown specs said 3-4 cu^ft but is that cutting it too close on airspace? Running a Rockford R500X1D on it. Thanks in advance.

Give it a shot, is your best bet to know, it's tight but not useless tight by any means, you can even reverse mount the sub to help things a bit.

Archived