will doing a blown thru port design increase DB?

im looking to design a square port outside the box which makes not a slot port at 41 hertz 7 inches by 7.25 at 21.24 inches long right of the box into the cabin will pushing the air out of the port into the cabin will it produce more SPL?? i have a drop down arm rest built into the back seat where the port will drop into. Any ideas on if this idea will work?

Are you extending your port or building a 4th order?

XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s

MechMan 220a Alt

DC 5K

Kicker 650.4

2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1

Build log: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/

im not extending port and this is not a 4th order. i am simply building a 3.5 cube box only displacement will be sub at .5 cubes maken box 3 cubes exact and port will be screwed into the back of the box outside the back wall into the cabin no port displacement only sub.

There is no definitive answer. Everyone's vehicle is different. (along with build quality, equipment, positioning, etc.) In theory, getting more air movement into the cabin could gain.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

That's not considered a "blow through" enclosure. You're not cuttting through any metal. Mainly used in trucks with the enlosure in the bed "blowing through" into the cab of the vehicle.

I take it that you have an enclosure in the trunk of your vehicle and you are using the opening in the center of the rear seat to "vent" your port through. Correct ??

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

That's not considered a "blow through" enclosure. You're not cuttting through any metal. Mainly used in trucks with the enlosure in the bed "blowing through" into the cab of the vehicle.

I take it that you have an enclosure in the trunk of your vehicle and you are using the opening in the center of the rear seat to "vent" your port through. Correct ??

yes thats exactly what im doing and technically i am cutting metal there is some frame work supporting the back of the car but im only cutting that area out.

Archived