slaughter Posted May 8, 2014 Report Posted May 8, 2014 So I have a design on this box and it has 2 45's in the corners and a 45 piece on the port. If I don't put in these 45's how will it affect tuning and such. Especially the 45 in the port. I was going to try to put straight piece the same size as the 45 piece in the port and just glue in that gap? Let me know what some of you box guru's think about this thanks. Heres the box: SOLD 2006 Ford Ranger Single Cab2 DC XL 15's2 Crescendo BC2k's4th Order Blowthrough CURRENT 2012 Dodge Charger R/T 2 Tantric HD 12's Ampere 3800 2 XS XP 3000's
timc31610 Posted May 8, 2014 Report Posted May 8, 2014 I doubt a 3" peice of port is going to change tuning a noticeable amount. What speakers and amp are you running? My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
slaughter Posted May 8, 2014 Author Report Posted May 8, 2014 2 Tantric HD 12's Ampere 3800 SOLD 2006 Ford Ranger Single Cab2 DC XL 15's2 Crescendo BC2k's4th Order Blowthrough CURRENT 2012 Dodge Charger R/T 2 Tantric HD 12's Ampere 3800 2 XS XP 3000's
ToNasty Posted May 8, 2014 Report Posted May 8, 2014 I doubt a 3" peice of port is going to change tuning a noticeable amount. What speakers and amp are you running? hes talking about the 45s in the corner, not the port peice ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
bkolfo4 Posted May 9, 2014 Report Posted May 9, 2014 Why don't you want to put the 45's in? Doubt the one in the corner makes a difference, but I have picked up as much as .7 dB with the corner piece in the port. Current system: 1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s Previous systems: 2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz. 1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.
timc31610 Posted May 9, 2014 Report Posted May 9, 2014 If you arent chasing numbers it probably wont make a difference. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
slaughter Posted May 9, 2014 Author Report Posted May 9, 2014 I'm not chasing numbers , but a good number won't hurt. And I don't want 45's because all my tools are back home. I am in the military so I don't have access to the tools I use to since I moved. SOLD 2006 Ford Ranger Single Cab2 DC XL 15's2 Crescendo BC2k's4th Order Blowthrough CURRENT 2012 Dodge Charger R/T 2 Tantric HD 12's Ampere 3800 2 XS XP 3000's
Joe X Posted May 9, 2014 Report Posted May 9, 2014 The way big 45in the corner looks like a waste of space, I would prefer the net volume.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.