Sonic Electronix

I'm looking for a cheap amp. preferably under $100

Jbl 501ez

^^ that owned a few now!! Got a 750 or whatever it is testing the bigger one now

Nice little amps

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

This will probably be your best bet for around $100. It's $120 and does 600w @ 1ohm. Just ordered one for my friends build.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audio-Technix-400-1-amp-amplifier-400w-RMS-1000w-MAX-Class-D-1-ohm-stable-/

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

don't want to sound like a Jerk. but the "1200w" rating on that sub is what they call a max rating. what a sub can take for short bursts of a half of a half a second. but in the xplods case it's what we call a flame rating. what the sub can handle for a milla second before it well bursts into flames. that sub in no way can handle 1200watts not peak or certainly rms.

now will that sub make some noise? yea sure it will give you some good thump.

I'm not sure where you got it from or how old it is. so before you go and spend money on a amp do yourself a favor and make sure its not Blown. (usually kids who buy xplods think gain=volume, so they clip the crap out of a sub and kill the coil)

you can do that a few ways. either hook a dmm to the coils and see what they read. if it's close to 2 or 4ohm your good (and found the ohm config we all need to know) but if it reads nothing or some crazy number it's shit move on. you can also push Down firmly but gently with your whole hand over the cone. don't push it all the way Down but still move it. if you hear a crackling noise like a bag of chips it's done.. move on.

if all those things check out i would look for a decent 300-500w amp for it. you can find used alpine mrp 500.1 amps for under $100

any kenwood, pioneer, jensen amp will do fine.

you for your sake hope it's a dual 4ohm or single 2ohm sub. that's because most amps in your range cant handle 1ohm.

we all have to start somewhere man.

if you plan on learning more and making this a hobby save some money up. about $200 look for a good used soundqubed amp that will do 1200w rms beat the crap out of that xplod till it xplods then get a real... i mean good sub ; )

and you already have the power you will need.

hope this helped!

I know the sub isnt blown, it was used for a very short period of time in a 2002 mustang gt with a 600w kenwood hooked up to it. I bought the sub from my uncle for $20. for about 2 years now ive been using it on a daily basis with my 500w sony stereo. just replaced the sub that came with it with the xplod. Thank you for your advice Im looking forward to getting into car audio. heres a video of it

What's the voicecoil configuration? You don't need 1000 watts for the explode, 250-500 will do just fine.

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/products/1/Car_Amplifiers/Mono_Subwoofer_Amplifiers_Ascending_Price.aspx?RowIndex=0&PageNum=3&SortField=1&SortOrder=0&ShowAll=False&

Couple options on there for the power you need depending on your wiring. You could also check your craigslist electronics section for used deals

That soundstorm evo though... might be gettin that one

What's the voicecoil configuration? You don't need 1000 watts for the explode, 250-500 will do just fine.

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/products/1/Car_Amplifiers/Mono_Subwoofer_Amplifiers_Ascending_Price.aspx?RowIndex=0&PageNum=3&SortField=1&SortOrder=0&ShowAll=False&

Couple options on there for the power you need depending on your wiring. You could also check your craigslist electronics section for used deals

That soundstorm evo though... might be gettin that one

every amp on that page is junk! get the rf prime. it's a real amp that will do what it says.

but either way i promise next week next month next year you'll be back asking about bigger better subs and bigger better amps.

it's a addiction man!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Well it looks like the page number stays the same but the products on each page move, I'm not going to link each and every individual amp that is decent. But there were a couple RF and MB amps under $100 that are definitely NOT junk

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

sorry your right, there was a 250 rf amp for $95

and a mb 500w amp in the $90 range.

add another $50 and go used you Can get a really good amp.

but if you just want to fill your sub stage they would do fine.

i forget that not everyone wants 2 15s on 5k

; )

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage