SlamminBeats Posted May 9, 2014 Report Posted May 9, 2014 tbh NOBODY knows the answer what is better in your setup. Way too many factors. Build all of them and tell us which worked the best! =]
hispls Posted May 9, 2014 Report Posted May 9, 2014 Actually, I have built 6 or 8 boxes for 01 Camry. One thing I didn't do is seal off the trunk but IIRC you really wouldn't have much area there for even 2 12's plus proper port witout cutting the metal. I had decent luck with subs up and port back (though you'd better invest in some deadening). The part you're not going to want to hear, is that I got the same output out of a single 15 in a box that allowed adequate space for the soundwave to travel up front than 2 15's crammed into too small a box that constricted flow through to the cabin. I would also suggest that in the space you have to work with in that trunk a pair of 12's will perform better than a pair of 15's Overall it was a b*tch to get loud. Sealing off the trunk is always a good plan but it's a lot of work, permanent, and you'd best to double and tripple check you have adequate space for drivers and port in that area.
tayodell41 Posted May 9, 2014 Author Report Posted May 9, 2014 Actually, I have built 6 or 8 boxes for 01 Camry. One thing I didn't do is seal off the trunk but IIRC you really wouldn't have much area there for even 2 12's plus proper port witout cutting the metal. I had decent luck with subs up and port back (though you'd better invest in some deadening). The part you're not going to want to hear, is that I got the same output out of a single 15 in a box that allowed adequate space for the soundwave to travel up front than 2 15's crammed into too small a box that constricted flow through to the cabin. I would also suggest that in the space you have to work with in that trunk a pair of 12's will perform better than a pair of 15's Overall it was a b*tch to get loud. Sealing off the trunk is always a good plan but it's a lot of work, permanent, and you'd best to double and tripple check you have adequate space for drivers and port in that area. What kind of enclosure did you find worked best for Camry's?
Karkov Posted May 9, 2014 Report Posted May 9, 2014 Actually, I have built 6 or 8 boxes for 01 Camry. One thing I didn't do is seal off the trunk but IIRC you really wouldn't have much area there for even 2 12's plus proper port witout cutting the metal. I had decent luck with subs up and port back (though you'd better invest in some deadening). The part you're not going to want to hear, is that I got the same output out of a single 15 in a box that allowed adequate space for the soundwave to travel up front than 2 15's crammed into too small a box that constricted flow through to the cabin. I would also suggest that in the space you have to work with in that trunk a pair of 12's will perform better than a pair of 15's Overall it was a b*tch to get loud. Sealing off the trunk is always a good plan but it's a lot of work, permanent, and you'd best to double and tripple check you have adequate space for drivers and port in that area. Not 7? 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
tayodell41 Posted May 11, 2014 Author Report Posted May 11, 2014 In a smaller trunk, what kind of box design would work best for 15s? I can fit a 7-8 cf box in my trunk, I was thinking about doing a kerf box
FocusOn20s Posted May 11, 2014 Report Posted May 11, 2014 For me, nothing beats a sub back, port back setup for trunks as far as output. When I had my 15 sub up, port driver side, the lows were tad bit better but my 12, sub back, port back driver side is so much louder
tayodell41 Posted May 11, 2014 Author Report Posted May 11, 2014 For me, nothing beats a sub back, port back setup for trunks as far as output. When I had my 15 sub up, port driver side, the lows were tad bit better but my 12, sub back, port back driver side is so much louder so port on the driver's side, facing the back Of the trunk? How bad was the rattle? How loud was it, using what subs/amps?
FocusOn20s Posted May 11, 2014 Report Posted May 11, 2014 For me, nothing beats a sub back, port back setup for trunks as far as output. When I had my 15 sub up, port driver side, the lows were tad bit better but my 12, sub back, port back driver side is so much louder so port on the driver's side, facing the back Of the trunk? How bad was the rattle? How loud was it, using what subs/amps? First setup was a DC Level 3 15 on a CT Sounds 900.1 Now I have a American Bass XFL 12 on a 1400.1 rattle wasn't THAT bad. I mean it rattled, but it wasn't that bad to me atleast. it was loud. Lows were amazing. Switched to a single 12. Lost a bit of the low end, but gained loudness. Gonna switch back to a single 15 on the 1400.1 and see how it does
tayodell41 Posted May 11, 2014 Author Report Posted May 11, 2014 For me, nothing beats a sub back, port back setup for trunks as far as output. When I had my 15 sub up, port driver side, the lows were tad bit better but my 12, sub back, port back driver side is so much louder so port on the driver's side, facing the back Of the trunk? How bad was the rattle? How loud was it, using what subs/amps? First setup was a DC Level 3 15 on a CT Sounds 900.1 http://youtu.be/OxZybfEDKgoNow I have a American Bass XFL 12 on a 1400.1 http://youtu.be/o-Q-WlwDl1I rattle wasn't THAT bad. I mean it rattled, but it wasn't that bad to me atleast. it was loud. Lows were amazing. Switched to a single 12. Lost a bit of the low end, but gained loudness. Gonna switch back to a single 15 on the 1400.1 and see how it does Okay so I drive a Toyota Camry. If I stick with the Atomic ELEs, do you think doing 1 in a big box would be better than two and trying to squeeze a box in?
tayodell41 Posted May 11, 2014 Author Report Posted May 11, 2014 And by better I mean louder or lower
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.