Sonic Electronix

So does excursion, lets say your playing like 20-30hz ya know? and shes flexing, ive been told that heats the coil up, but depending on the woofer isnt the impedence usually higher there? meaning less power, also excursion gets air moving right? Im just full of questions today.

Heats up the coil..... not necessarily

Impedance being higher.... not necessarily

more excursion does mean more air displaced by the subwoofer, but that doesnt mean louder.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Moving air means your cooling better.

I heat up around 44hZ and higher, and can play 30hz for an hour straight.

And, as i dont mind your questions, can you at least attempt to put them in the proper location?

AMPS AMPS AMPS... in the GENERAL section.

Now a SPEAKER question, again, in the GENERAL section.

General section is NOT A DUMPING GROUND.

That said, welcome to the forum,.. theres a ton of knowledge here. Some crazy smart people. Cheers.

Moving air means your cooling better.

I heat up around 44hZ and higher, and can play 30hz for an hour straight.

And, as i dont mind your questions, can you at least attempt to put them in the proper location?

AMPS AMPS AMPS... in the GENERAL section.

Now a SPEAKER question, again, in the GENERAL section.

General section is NOT A DUMPING GROUND.

That said, welcome to the forum,.. theres a ton of knowledge here. Some crazy smart people. Cheers.

My bad):

It might help if General wasn't the first section you see on mobile.

Not making excuses for the op, but it is why this happens so often.

This is about as install dependent as it can get. Where as kylars freq that he can play for an hour is 29-30 mine is 34-35. We all have a different frequency that we can play almost indefinitely because our box rise limits our draw which means better voltage and less clipping, but the enclosure itself lets the woofer move enough where more air is cooling it down then is being made by the power being produced.

There are always exceptions. There are some people with pockets as deep as black holes who can play any freq for any amount of time but thats just because they have overkill as a requirement. For the normal people there are songs we can demo all day and there are others where we gotta be a little more careful. But its completely install dependent.

After i upgrade my electrical a little more i hope to be able to play more songs. Im kinda stuck between 34-35hz full tilt or any other song 70% volume, otherwise my box rise doesn't save me and my .5ohm wiring makes my amp draw crazy power, then my voltage drop is crazy (starts clipping) and since I'm over powering 1250rms woofers on over 4k total... clipping doesn't go well with them so i almost have to instantly turn it down. And thats while revving the engine. Idle is almost unplayable.

But hope that helps.

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

[quote name="KyLar96" post="2786995"

he's one of them!

listen and learn!

welcome!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

your box rise is highest at the tuning frequency, but it also makes the box most efficient their, the goal is to get the sub to have the lowest box rise you can get at a desired tuning frequency, also if you know your cars peak frequency where its the loudest naturally, then you tune typically a 2-4 hz below that and you will have your box become efficient at the the cars tuning frequency and it will be about as loud as you can go with the set of woofers and amp that is in the install, of course there is always minor tweaks, best cooling is when the subs are moving, but if you playing below a tuning frequency or clipping you will typically heat up the coils, all depends on the power your putting to a certain woofer, some woofers if you are below their electrical limits you could clip all day with no damage

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

your box rise is highest at the tuning frequency, but it also makes the box most efficient their, the goal is to get the sub to have the lowest box rise you can get at a desired tuning frequency, also if you know your cars peak frequency where its the loudest naturally, then you tune typically a 2-4 hz below that and you will have your box become efficient at the the cars tuning frequency and it will be about as loud as you can go with the set of woofers and amp that is in the install, of course there is always minor tweaks, best cooling is when the subs are moving, but if you playing below a tuning frequency or clipping you will typically heat up the coils, all depends on the power your putting to a certain woofer, some woofers if you are below their electrical limits you could clip all day with no damage

not true. Rise is highest at resonant frequencies, not box tuning. And playing below tuning isnt the issue, it is playing around below your f3 iirc.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Archived