Cj Kumz Posted May 10, 2014 Report Posted May 10, 2014 Hey people. I am getting a bit worried cause I think my sub is going over is mechanical limits. But issue is I know the subsonic filter should be set to half an octave of the box tuning. In my case my box is tuned to about 37hz so subsonic is around 28hz. But when playing songs with low frequencies the sub jumps a lot and I can smell something burning... Any thoughts guys?? Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
ParDeus Posted May 10, 2014 Report Posted May 10, 2014 It's obviously trying to play too low. Set it at 31-32 and see if it goes away. Anytime something starts stinking, no bueno. Sometimes, you have to throw out all the rules you've heard, and just use common sense.
Cj Kumz Posted May 10, 2014 Author Report Posted May 10, 2014 It's obviously trying to play too low. Set it at 31-32 and see if it goes away. Anytime something starts stinking, no bueno. Sometimes, you have to throw out all the rules you've heard, and just use common sense. Yah good point you gat there. Ok so it might just have to lose some lows right. Does this have something to do with a subs FS, cause mine is 32Hz. Maybe subsonic should be safe around this point?? What you think Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Aj11 Posted May 10, 2014 Report Posted May 10, 2014 how did you set your gain? and subsonic filter should be 3-5hz below box tuning. jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
Cj Kumz Posted May 10, 2014 Author Report Posted May 10, 2014 how did you set your gain? and subsonic filter should be 3-5hz below box tuning. I did it by ear cause I don't have access to the other methods. Set the head unit to 3/4 volume with flat eq settings, then pushed gain slightly above half. So I should aim at about 32-35hz? Will that mean I will lose my lows??? Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted May 10, 2014 Report Posted May 10, 2014 Most likely your ear-o-meter has caused you to set your gain to the point where you are clipping. I'm seriously doubting where your subsonic is set is the issue. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Noel989 Posted May 10, 2014 Report Posted May 10, 2014 Lower the gain a bit more Build Log - http://www.stevemead...-cruiser-el-pt/
Cj Kumz Posted May 10, 2014 Author Report Posted May 10, 2014 Ok guys I will try that out. Or maybe it is reaching it mechanical limits cause of the box size. I am feeding 2000 rms to a DD 9515 in 5.5 cubic box. I hear bigger boxes have less power handling. What you guys think?? Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
ChevyBoy95 Posted May 10, 2014 Report Posted May 10, 2014 You are not passing mechanical limits, because if you were, you would be slamming the former into the bottom plate. You are probably causing the sub to unload having too much gain and playing too low for you box. Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
Cj Kumz Posted May 10, 2014 Author Report Posted May 10, 2014 You are not passing mechanical limits, because if you were, you would be slamming the former into the bottom plate. You are probably causing the sub to unload having too much gain and playing too low for you box. So you suggesting I back off the gain a bit. Or I try the subsonic method 1st? Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.