94 Ford Beast-350 OBS CCLB - Motor is done, need to sell, questions-please help

Personally I would keep it and do what you want to it.

You could take a 1/4 of what you'll pay for the 06 and make it a badass truck. I love the older body ford like the one you have. Honestly, if I lived closer and you were to sell it. I would buy it. No questions.

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

I'd keep it.... These trucks are getting harder and harder to come by in good condition. Hell if I was closer, I'd be at your doorstep trying to buy it.

Gotta think of it this way, modifying generally lowers reliability, so do you really want to heavily modify a daily driven pickup that you're already in the hole on(the 6.0)?

But what ever you do, I'm forsure TUNED THE FUCK IN!

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

I'd keep it.... These trucks are getting harder and harder to come by in good condition. Hell if I was closer, I'd be at your doorstep trying to buy it.

Gotta think of it this way, modifying generally lowers reliability, so do you really want to heavily modify a daily driven pickup that you're already in the hole on(the 6.0)?

But what ever you do, I'm forsure TUNED THE FUCK IN!

^^^^ 100% this. You can take your time on it and won't have to worry about getting it back together when you have a need to do some towing. Gives you a little more freedom on how big you want to go with with it since its not a daily ride.

It's like rubbing your wiener up against a sheep.

I'm actually very concerned about doing anything to the motor of the 6.0. I've heard, adn I've done my fair share of research on them, that they're great until you start adding chips and programmers and shit like that. So for me, I'm fine with leaving it the way it is. The only way I'd put a programmer on it, is to alter the fuel economy when towing and to monitor temps. Otherwise I'm afraid to mess with it. Wheels, tires, lift, and audio is about it.

On this one, I'll have a ton of knowledge by the time I'm done with it on how to tear it down and build it back etc. But I already know they're pretty stout motors when taken care of. This one I don't think was very well taken care of before I got it. I mean really just look at the list on the first page. That's pretty much proof enough. By the time I'm done with it, the only thing that hasn't been changed on it, or rebuilt will be the bottom end. I've been told on numerous occasions that with only 120k on it, the bottom end is just getting broken in. Not sure how much I believe that, but it sounds promising.

Man, if you unload it, that is a LOT of cash you can dump into the other one.......

Id hate to be dumping money into BOTH rides..... id feel like hanging myself.... ya know?

I hear you. No this is a one or the other type of deal. I'm either dumping the money into this and doing it up right, or the other one. But not both. Well at least not now. LOL Maybe when this one is done I'll do some wheels and tires and a level kit or a 2" lift on the other one. SQ type system but nothing big. I want to go up 6 more inches on this if not 8 more. It's already got about 3" up front and 1.5" in the back. Sits perfectly level.

From my experience with a 6.0, bone stock is the best way to have it. Mine blew the head gaskets at 140k(before we got it), had headgaskets, EGR cooler, oil cooler, turbo, all the oil cooler lines, and the tranny fluid/filter, replaced. At 143k, the flywheel cracked, so we bought it. I put 3k on it in 2 months. Fell IN LOVE with it. Only "performance" upgrade it had was a 4 inch turboback without a muffler, but had a hi-flow catalytic converter.

I averaged 16 around town, 20-22 highway. Pulled an 8k-lb trailer 250 miles and burned 14 gallons of fuel. Was an 04 crew cab, short bed, FX4 Lariat, 3.73 gears with a leveling kit up front. Had 285/65/18's.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Oh yeah, those are all the "problem areas" I'd like to address at some point regardless. It's never had any issues, apparently, so that's good. But they're bound to fail and when they do I'm probably going to "bulletproof" it. That'll be a nice cheap fix huh!!?? :suicide-santa:

I like keeping getting keeping both trucks and putting money into one or the other idea...I mean probably not going to get what you like for the truck...maybe but no guarantee's lol! And hey who doesnt like owning two trucks...I know I would!

btw kinda laughed when I saw your sub at shca...I was like I recognize that guy haha!

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

Archived