Fuse meltdown

Loose connections?

loose connections causes resistance and that causes alot of heat

this would be the first thing i looked at

DC AUDIO

Phone Number

1(855)SPL-DBZZ

Built by Competitors, for Competitors.

Hifonics BRX 2400D 250 amp anl fuse (a cheap one no doubt it came with the fuse holder) and Zero gauge OFC CCA and by the way i have a XS 3400 in the trunk to power it

Is the 0/1 OFC or CCA? Or are you using both?

Well it says OFC CCA on the description of it i bought it off ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/271427072676?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

To large of fuse!!?

sonic electronics said because the BRX2400d has no external fuse that a 250 amp inline fuse is required as does the paperwork that came with the amp

Bad ground! Or loose connections like other said.

my ground is a second run of 0 gauge straight off the front battery and i checked all connections are tight with no signs of failure i have a uni-body car which is why the second wire run

Did you sand down the ground on the frame?

there is no ground to frame there are 2 runs of 0 gauge wire off the front battery to the powercell xs3400 in the trunk then from that to the amp with the fuse that melted on the power wire i have a uni-body car so no real frame to ground to one run goes through the firewall (the positive) and the other goes underneith the car in weatherproof flex conduit and comes in on the bottom of the trunk thru a hole i cut with of course a rubber grommet big 3 is done up front to with the factory shitty grounds replaced with 0 gauge and all other power related wire replaced or added on over top of with 0 gauge

You still ground it, to a strut tower or something. Something decent.

That said, if it didnt protect on you, or cut out... ground is OK.

Ill bet the connections ON the fuse holder, sucked, or the fuse holder itself sucked....

if the connections suck, amperage goes up....

Archived