Second Skin Audio

Blowthrough sealing ideas/pics

i know there are blowthrough builds on here. I ave been curious about this too because i may do it one day as well. hope this turns into a good thread with lots of pictures and good advice.

What size drivers are you thinking?

I've got 4 12" havocs...

A99666AD-DE17-4EF7-8146-1B8C1BEB9EE1.jpg

i know there are blowthrough builds on here. I ave been curious about this too because i may do it one day as well. hope this turns into a good thread with lots of pictures and good advice.

Yea, that's kinda why I wanted to make this thread, I am itching to get started on my build but when I went to look into some others builds I didn't have much luck finding what I was looking for. So hopefully some people who have some good pictures will chime in :D

20140412_154852_zpsrgipvftw.jpg

20140406_164217_zpsnlkjxu24.jpg

Still need to make a trim panel for the front

I never thought of sliding the box forward into the cab like that...any issues with the cab/bed flex with it like that?

No problems at all. I cut it about 3/4" bigger on the cab side. Leaves plenty of room for flex. Only bolted down on the bedside, so the cab side can shift it needed.

Im trying to do a 6th order blow through so ill be watching this

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

I never thought of sliding the box forward into the cab like that...any issues with the cab/bed flex with it like that?

No problems at all. I cut it about 3/4" bigger on the cab side. Leaves plenty of room for flex. Only bolted down on the bedside, so the cab side can shift it needed.

Right on man...I really like that idea.

I figured that if I was going to cut my truck. I was gonna make the hole big enough to do a 6th or a bigass 4th bp. Yes I am already planning other boxes

Archived