RyanJ Posted May 15, 2014 Report Posted May 15, 2014 What's up guys. So I'm selling my accord to get a new car, and I had a few questions. So my car is a 05 honda accord LX sedan 5 Spd. I paid around 9-10$ new 3 years ago with 60k miles. At that time, exterior was I say 8.5/10 and interior 9/10. Since I'm a college student, parking is bad on campus and I've been gettig a lot of dings on my car cause of other students with no morals for Hondas (lol) and I was wondering what I should sell it for. For car lots who sell use cars where I bought mine from (any California residents, I'm talking about Wheels and Deals in Santa Clara), and there selling 03-06 accords for 9-11$ with 60-100k miles. KBB said private party is around 7.5k. CL, there going from anywhere from 6k with salvage to 12k with clean title. What should I label mine CURREENT: Exterior : 7.5/10 Interior : 7.5-8/10 Title : clean Miles: 89,xxx MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U Speakers: -Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD New MOB-MOBILE: 2011 G37S Sedan System:TBD Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415
Joshua Dumas Posted May 15, 2014 Report Posted May 15, 2014 id say price it a little bit above what you actually want for it so the buyer can buy it at the price (if youre lucky). then you can let him/her talk you down as you both negotiate and try to get what you actually want. So if you want $7,200 for it, then price it at $7,500 and then see where it goes.
RyanJ Posted May 15, 2014 Author Report Posted May 15, 2014 id say price it a little bit above what you actually want for it so the buyer can buy it at the price (if youre lucky). then you can let him/her talk you down as you both negotiate and try to get what you actually want. So if you want $7,200 for it, then price it at $7,500 and then see where it goes. Gotcha. Since honda is good on economy and gas sucks right now, does that play a key in pricing or since Prius took over, there's no such thing as good MPG on a non hybrid haha MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U Speakers: -Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD New MOB-MOBILE: 2011 G37S Sedan System:TBD Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415
Ahmed Johnson Posted May 15, 2014 Report Posted May 15, 2014 Start it at 8000 for a couple then drop it to 7500
lolitskasey Posted May 16, 2014 Report Posted May 16, 2014 Always start higher then what you are looking to get out of it if you post on Craig's list. 99% of people will always offer less then what the posting is.
Joshua Dumas Posted May 16, 2014 Report Posted May 16, 2014 i wouldnt worry too much about the fuel economy. you probally get 28mpg with that car right?
mbdblue Posted May 16, 2014 Report Posted May 16, 2014 craigslist is hell when it comes to lowballers....at least up here it is. A honda with under 100k is gold; mainly because they're hard to find, and everyone knows as long as you took care of it, it's got a lot more life left. I'd start around 8.5-9k at least, because you will get offers for 5k CASH (I don't know why people say this, credit cards are usually hard to use on a private sale). Good luck and if your renewing and not getting many responses, don't be too quick to drop your price; people will watch instead of offering. AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco
mmets Posted May 16, 2014 Report Posted May 16, 2014 I sold my truck on CL a couple years ago. I looked at what the price was on KBB and also nada. I had what I wanted for it and priced it a couple grand higher. Sold it for 500 over what I wanted in less than two weeks. as others have stated, ask for more than what you really want to sell it for. Almost everyone wants to go down lower. they think they are getting a great deal from you but really you get what you want. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/Pioneer DEH-80PRSPRV 8MR400-NDY (eight) PRV TW350Ti (6)Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gaugeTM Metalworkz battery terminals 120 sqft HushmatXS Power D3100 (6)Singer 350 Amp Alt Singer 320 (2)American Bass SQL3200 JL Audio JX360/4 Crossfire XS 8K (2) DC Audio XL 15s (6)
MemphisGrizzlies Posted May 16, 2014 Report Posted May 16, 2014 As a entire flock of members above mentioned. List it for a good $500 or so above what you really want to get out of the vehicle. These vehicles hold their value and people know they are great cars so they will pay for it.
RyanJ Posted May 16, 2014 Author Report Posted May 16, 2014 That's the thing tho. I have no idea what to follow for prices. Sellin my car to hopefully buy a 04-08 wrx with extra cash I've been saving. On CL, for clean title 05-06 accord sedan with 100k miles an less goes for 8-11k. Kbb says 7500ish. Edmunds says 6.5-7k. So pretty much for me I should start around 8500-9000 max and then see how well it goes Note : the car will be posted sort of in a wealthy area. So low ballers would be people wanting to reflip them for more or teenagers. I'm hoping to sell it to a family for their kid. It's a 5 Spd too so they are more rare but I doubt that means anything. But yeah oil and maint been up to date. Get about 300-350 miles for 3/4 of tank. MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U Speakers: -Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD New MOB-MOBILE: 2011 G37S Sedan System:TBD Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.