Donzi42 Posted May 16, 2014 Report Posted May 16, 2014 hello, I just purchased 2 Soundqubed HDS312's and I'm having a real hard time trying to figure out enclosure dimensions.. I've tried a few different box calculator's and the advice from youtube video's but I'm not having any luck due to my lack of experience if someone could help me out that would be great... 15" H x 42" W x 26"/28" D is my max size but I'm looking for something that is around 4 cu ft and tuned to 35hz... I'd prefer for the box to be a fair bit smaller than that.. like something around 13.5 H x 35" W x 22" D if possible... thank you in advance for any help
Joe X Posted May 16, 2014 Report Posted May 16, 2014 So here is a suggestion, a happy medium in size as this subs will work best in larger boxes (to 5 cubes net for the pair), power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, port clearance 6 1/4", figure is just an assembly guide: NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.
Donzi42 Posted May 17, 2014 Author Report Posted May 17, 2014 This is fantastic.. thank you kindly I really appreciate it!!!
bcbrassard Posted May 17, 2014 Report Posted May 17, 2014 Build it man, if Joe X designs it, it will be badass! Heres the design he gave me for my HDS310s. Simular as yours. Turned out good just havent installed it yet. Next weekend! Subs & port facing into cab. sealed off later after install.
Donzi42 Posted June 12, 2014 Author Report Posted June 12, 2014 So Joe X, any chance to humour me and design a smaller version of this box at 3.5 cube ft (Soundqubed smallest recommended for 2 12's) something that isn't quite as deep...
Smoove Posted June 13, 2014 Report Posted June 13, 2014 Box looks good. nice work 2 Team Fi 15's v1 2 DD M5's 970amps of Alt 6th order blowthroughThe truck Blowthrough build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155555-smooves-1996-chevy-ext-cab-c1500-slow-build/The 350z build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170694-smooves-2003-nissan-350z/ My FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smooves-Car-Audio-and-performance/719746144805343 Team Fi Audio http://www.ficaraudio.com/
Terra Rysing Posted June 13, 2014 Report Posted June 13, 2014 Joe x designs great boxes. Brassard, what paint did you use?
Donzi42 Posted June 15, 2014 Author Report Posted June 15, 2014 could anyone tell me what would happen if I changed the external dimension of this box to: h=14 x w=36 x d=23.. or what I would have to change the width of the port to keep it around th same tune??
Donzi42 Posted February 23, 2016 Author Report Posted February 23, 2016 @ So here is a suggestion, a happy medium in size as this subs will work best in larger boxes (to 5 cubes net for the pair), power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, port clearance 6 1/4", figure is just an assembly guide: NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside. The photos aren't available for this anymore.. I had them on my phone but I can't find them.. any chance you still have them??
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.