Front Mounted Sub

OrionStang

So, I was going to drop a 10" sub in a sealed box behind the drivers seat to add some bass to my sexy front stage. But then I got to thinking about the SQ builds with subs in the dash. Im not trying to go crazy like inside the dash centered, but maybe a sub on the passenger floor or up under the glove box. I might even be willing to lose the compartment.

My only concern is having the sub way over to that side. I do have TA available through the 80PRS, though.

Open to thoughts, opinions on if it would be worth the effort to mount the sub up front as opposed to behind the seat.

For those who don't know, I am running a set of Hertz 165XL components active on an AQ120.4 (soon to be an Audison, giggity)

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Wish I knew more about your dash to help you with this ... Do you have a center channel area (somehow vent the enlosure up from the glove box area to the center channel area ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I am doing an sq build at the moment and I disagree with the sealed box thing. What makes you think this will be sq?

Most sound quality vehicles run sealed, Infinite baffle, or Aperiodic. It's guys like me that breaks the mold running ported and tuned.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I am doing an sq build at the moment and I disagree with the sealed box thing. What makes you think this will be sq?

I'm not trying to be a dick either ken

A sealed box behind the seat wouldn't be SQ. Hell, even the sub up front wouldn't make it "SQ", just looking for info on the subs mounted up front to sound good with my current front stage. Im doing an SQ build, per se, just looking for tips from the SQ side of things.

Wish I knew more about your dash to help you with this ... Do you have a center channel area (somehow vent the enlosure up from the glove box area to the center channel area ...

There is no center channel area without heavy modding.

Are you saying that the sub should be ported towards through the dash towards the windshield?

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Definitely no room for t-line. IB could work, just don't know how I'd configure it.

Your car if definetaly do ib. 2 12s and I happen to know of a good sub for cheap to do that. I'll be using them in a ib setup in my wife's civic

In my opinion the under day thing is cool but to much to fuck with. Huge headache

Oh shit, I thought you meant IB under the dash LOL.

I've done IB before at the rear seat opening, didn't really get the sound I was looking for. Bass sounded secondary to the front stage, if that makes sense.

Nothing in the trunk will work on the low power I got. The exhaust note cancels a ton of low end output. Thats why I was thinking dash area.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Archived