Question about SPL sub sound

stock up on closed cell foam and start sticking it between panels.

I start by turning the volume up just enough to where I hear a rattle. Find it. Eliminate it. Increase volume. Repeat.

there is nothing better than a system that has no interference

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Mine rattles around a bit

Good guy to talk to would be Mitchell. His is one of the cleanest loud rides I've heard. Gets loud but I can't hear any rattle or "panel slap"

@ Ahmed Johnson That's funny. Its all good man

To tell you the truth I don't have any idea what the fuck I was thinking. lol

I know I wanted loud clean bass but really never expected this much flex and noise from my truck.

Don't get me wrong my system (to me) is bad ass and I have never had anything even close to this in a vehicle before. I will deal with it one step at a time.

I just ordered another 40 ft of deadener to do the roof and rear panels so I will have a couple of layers on there. I found a solid rear window at a wrecking yard and I will pick that up tomorrow and order a new gasket. That should help. Then just go step by step to eliminate as much of it as I can.

I guess I just need to keep the gain knob down when daily and then crank it up when I go to a comp to see what it will do.

I just wanted to know if anyone else has the same problem.

Oh and no I am not clipping...

I got a 01 frontier with the slider window and it's quiet. I got 60 to 70sq of deadner same amp as you and (volt meter)ha ha.

XL12 with port for days it crushes the lows, and handles the rock ok. Most my rattles seems come from the driver side window when its rolled down a little

and up front. Your got the be louder than me with 2 nice ass 12's, maybe I ain't loud enough for rear window rattle. Hey I got something to look foward to.

Archived