NFL players, going after the league, for pain meds/shots ??

I was listening to the radio when they interviewed former bears player keith van horne who is part of this lawsuit. At the moment, the only thing odd to me is the players are going after the NFL only and not the organization they played for

no doubt....

what i get going after the league for, is ... $$$$$$$$$

The thing about former players that kills me is, that they talk about looking out for the younger players futures but when they were players, they were screwing the younger players in contract negotations and with the players association laws. Now that they aren't in a position to do shit they want to bring player's future's in it. At the end of the day, if somoene was gonna pay me millions of dollars so I could secure a future for my kids and their kids, I would smash my head into a wall until the person paying is satisfied.

Its fucking ridiculous. Listen to Mark Schlereth's response to the lawsuit.

Here is the bottom line, and ALL the players fucking know it. FOOTBALL IS A DANGEROUS GAME.

Not only that but they are acting as if they were forced to take the drugs. Everyone knows pain killers are addictive (except apparently NFL players) so if you make the conscious decision to take them regularly instead of treating the injury properly and you get addicted that's your fault. The only way I could see this having any credibility is if the league doctors lied to them about the extent of their injurys or the pills they were giving to them. The possiblity also exist that the players were afraid if they didn't go along with the program that they would be traded or just dropped altogether.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Just to add to that, these players knew the pain meds are just like any other drug.

So, they pretend they were dumb back then, but suddenly are all educated on the shit and felt they were wronged.

On Sportscenter, Schlereth spoke about how he abused pain killers and anti inflammatory drugs during the season, then would quit cold turkey at seasons end. Doesn't sound like somebody who as uneducated on the consequences of these drugs. And there is no way he is the only one. These guys are in it for the money, once again, regardless of how many things they say its for besides money.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Right...

also, i know, if i was in that situation, i shoot, or take whatever it took to be on the field.

they did the same.....

Also, if i felt that if there was a question regaurding something serious,.. get another opinion. They can. They are not BOUND by the team doc.

Doesnt seem like rocket science...

Archived