Clay Stanley Posted May 22, 2014 Report Posted May 22, 2014 I plan on picking up a pair of SQ HDS212s and was wondering if they would be ok on 1500rms? I know SA12s are rated at 600rms but we all know they can handle more.
oldsoundguy Posted May 23, 2014 Report Posted May 23, 2014 IMO yes they could handle that power. I have the HDC 3 12s and put more than rated power to them with absolutely no smell or subs getting hot. That is my experience so take it as a grain of salt. They (soundqubed) seem like a nice , low cost, quality sub with lots of experience of building good products behind them. JMO 80prs Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier Incriminator IA 10.1 Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors) 4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash) DC Audio level 3 12" custom box designed by joex built by me AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear DC 180 alt 99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/
timc31610 Posted May 23, 2014 Report Posted May 23, 2014 I'm sure it is under rated but I don't think I would throw nearly 3x rated power to it. If you do set your gains properly (dd1, oscope) and post a vid. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Clay Stanley Posted May 23, 2014 Author Report Posted May 23, 2014 well I mean 1500rms for the pair so only 150 more per sub, but yeah once I get them in and all that jazz i'll post a video.
oldsoundguy Posted May 23, 2014 Report Posted May 23, 2014 No problem putting that (CLEAN)power to them at all ^^^ 80prs Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier Incriminator IA 10.1 Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors) 4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash) DC Audio level 3 12" custom box designed by joex built by me AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear DC 180 alt 99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/
timc31610 Posted May 23, 2014 Report Posted May 23, 2014 I misunderstood. I read it as 1500 each. Lol My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
DubNDodge Posted May 23, 2014 Report Posted May 23, 2014 They will handle that fine, as long as everything is tuned correctly and CLEAN signal. 1500 a woofer? No. '01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log 2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said: Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.
Quiet Posted May 23, 2014 Report Posted May 23, 2014 It'll be close with 1500. I'm running a HDS215 D4 @ 2 ohms, I've had running for about 4 days now on about 600 RMS. Amp is rated 750@2 ohm or 1k@1ohm but I doubt it can do that. It's gotten stinky a couple of times, so I'd definitely oscope/DD1 your gains. 2007 Pacifica Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.