Sundown Audio

are mb quart amps good and reliable?

MusicHead804

Soundqued Q1 1200d is a much better choice. MB quart.... meh The sq 1200 has hurt the feelings on lots of 1500 watt amps.

MB Quart is not what it once was, now it's Maxxsonic. Maxxsonic likes pretty lights all over, and some cool sounding name like the Hifonics amps.

imho anything Maxxsonic is a no no. That amp is rated for 2 60 amp fuses, 1500? I don't think so. A legit company like SQ has 3 40amp fuses rates amp at 1200 watts.

I bet the sq 1200 is more powerful than the overratted mbquart.

i dont know bro but 2x60=120 and so does 3x40=120... if youre going about the amp making more power because of the fuse rating this means they would = same power output due to being the same fuse rating just one less fuse

Correct but one is rated at 1200 and the other is rated at 1500 see the lies. The mb quart on the dyno and the sq. SQ rates there amp at 1200 watts, lowly Maxxsonic rates their amp at 1500 watts.

A few years ago I ran a MB Quart ONYX series I believe 4 channel and the 1500 monoblock. The 4 channel never gave me issues however the 1500 randomly went up in smoke after having it for close to 2 months. No clue why and sent it in for replacement and sold the next one. Not sure what caused it, (All of my wiring appeared fine and worked on the next amp I ran just fine) Probably wouldn't run them again unless it was an amazing price.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

My mb quart oa1000.1 got really hot at 2 ohm. It shut off because it got so hot after a little use. And its stable till 1 ohm and can only play for 30 minutes because it got so hot you could cook a steak on it and it will be well done...

1997 subaru legacy outback

Four 15's in a almost wall

Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets
Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass

Optima Yellow top batteries
270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) 
Lots of Second Skin

If you can get the older Onyx series they were decent amps. Never had a single issue with mine

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Archived