So. I had this ipad 2. When I got it the screen was broken. I ordered a replacement screen and traded out the broken screen for a used on. The replacement screen is ever so slightly smaller than the original like 1/16th smaller. No issue I used it for a few months. Now I want to upgrade my front stage so I decide so make a sacrifice and sell the ipad 2 (and a few other things) I used it everyday, no issues, works with no problem at all. I post it on ebay. Put pictures of everything. I called out the 1/16th inch gap specifically including zoom in shots of the gap. Short auction, 3 - days, a few watchers and someone guns for the buy it now of $230.

I get it to the post office the next day shipped and insured for $250 (Saturday). The customer received the ipad on Monday. Fast forward to Friday and the person has cracked the screen and want their money back and has opened up a dispute.

WTF!! Am I missing something here. They are saying the quality of the unit was unacceptable for the galss to have broken in such a short time. Stating it was not described properly.

SO I am in the hell of ebay dispute.

Here is the add:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301185083454?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

And here is our conversation.

The buyer has responded to you. May 26, 2014 at 7:13 PM
Buyer's message:
"I want my money back....I want to return this ipad. I have two ipads with no problems....why did this ipad's screen just cracked....???"
You have responded to the buyer. May 25, 2014 at 4:24 PM
Your message to the buyer:
"Screens can crack on a brand new device with just minutes of use. Even manufacturers do not warranty a cracked screen. I said that it "looks like someone tried to open the screen" - but not that that is actually what happened. I have no idea how the screen actually broke. I also remain in my case. The item was sent by me and received by you exactly as described in the add. It was shipped and insured for $250. The ad was a no returns ad and clearly stated that the screen had been replaced. You somehow broke the screen after you received it and I should not have to pay for that. And I agree that it doesn't sound right, I used that screen for months and no issue but you had it for 5 days and it's broken - it doesn't sound right to me that you expect to send me a broken device back and me give you money back for something that you broke."
The buyer has responded to you. May 24, 2014 at 12:55 PM
Buyer's message:
"I am sorry, but how can a screen cracked after one day use? It even had a protection cover on it. This is not the first IPad that I purchased. How, can you say that I tried to opened the screen. I don't even know how? I still remain in my case, I want to return this item it does not have a but 5 days with me and already the screen was broken after one day of use. Does that sound right???"
You have responded to the buyer. May 23, 2014 at 6:32 PM
Your message to the buyer:
"This item was exactly as described in the auction. I replaced the screen months ago and used the device daily with no issues. The item shipped without any cracks or damage. The item was listed as "no returns accepted". Further, the device was broken after it was received. It looks like someone attempted to remove the glass and broke it in the process. I don't know if that is what happened but that is what it looks like in the picture. This is not the first item I've sold on ebay. I describe the items I sell in clear specific details and I have done the same thing here. I don't think it would be fair at all to me if I have to refund your money. The item you received is exactly what was described and I had no issue with the device or the quality of the replacement screen. You used it and you somehow broke the screen. I don't think that justifies refund. I'm sorry this has happened but the damage is not due to anything I had control over nor damage that occurred during shipping."
The buyer opened a case: Item doesn't match the description May 23, 2014 at 5:51 PM
The case details:
The buyer says the item doesn't match the description.
The buyer paid on May 16, 2014.
The buyer can be contacted at "704-909-8957" in order to resolve the problem.
The buyer chose "other" as the problem with the item
Additional information:
"This item although it came with an unbroken screen, the screen cracked with only one day use. This is unacceptable, how can this happen. The seller changed the screen, but something happen to the screen. Very unhappy...please help"
The buyer requested:
A refund. The refund amount includes the purchase price plus original shipping.
Transaction information:
While the buyer's case is open, the funds from this transaction, including the purchase price and shipping, are not available for withdrawal. View PayPal transaction

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

Based on what was said in the emails the buyer admitted.it was described appropriately and arrived in as described condition and then it broke while in their possession. I think they screwed themselves. Did they leave you feedback?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Do you have the serial number for the one you sent too? Id watch out for a bait and switch

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Sounds to me like they probably dropped it and said hell Ill just fight to get my money back. Or they could be trying to send you one they already had that was broke. Do you have the serial number for the one you sold them? Stuff like that is why I would never use ebay to sell something. I sell it on craigslist, meet face to face, only accept cash, and I have my counterfeit marker in hand, lol.

That's some bullshit... Sounds like what others have already mentioned. No need for me to say it again. Hope you had a serial number. But the buyer said he used it for one day and it was fine. If he used it, then the screen was fine. Screens don't break by themselves. I can't believe Ebay is even entertaining this. You obviously explained what the item looked like and he accepted. NO REFUNDS! He assumed liability when he signed for and opened the package. If something was wrong with the unit, then he should have not accepted the package, or shouldn't have said "he used it for one day." What an idiot... Now what's even crappier is Ebay is holding your money.

My suggestion is to get gritty with Ebay. You need to read up on this, but the buyer assumed liability and ownership of the unit when he purchased it. Write Ebay a letter that you will intend on taking legal action against them if they don't release your money immediately. They should release it because they don't want to go through legal issues over 250.00. Every buyer on Ebay takes some sort of risk and assumes a form of liability to purchase used goods. Especially electronics! Good luck man. Don't let them push you around. Eff that buyer too! Send him a message stating that you have the serial number and see what he says... This kind of crap pisses me off, if you can't tell. Sorry for the rant...

2013 Toyota Camry SE

240a MechMan HO Alternator

1/0 Welding Flex Cable Big 3

CT Sounds 4000.1D

Kenwood XR400-4 Mid/High Amp

SoundQubed Q4-120 Mid Amp

Infinity Kappa 6.5 components

Kappa 6x9's for rear deck fill (coming out)

(4) 8" PRV 8MB450's

Set of SoundQubed SuperTweets

(2) DSS Ethos 12's D2's @32.5hz (building 4th order enclosure)

(2) SQ HDC3 10's @ 33.5hz (current build, loving them)

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

100 sq/ft Stinger RoadKill Sound Deadner

120 sq/ft QMat Sound Deadener

(4) Juice Box Black Cherries

Lots and Lots of feet of SHCA wire, along with 50' of Welding 1/0

2 Runs of 1/0 Positive front to back

ToolMaker Everywhere

Bonillamickey,

The screen was replaced with an ipad2 replacement glass from here on eBay. When it was shipped there were no cracks or broken glass. I also indicated clearly in the add that there was a gap around the perimeter of the screen due to the replacement or the screen. I also indicated in the add that there would be no returns for this item. I am sorry but when the device left me it was in good working non-broken condition.

~ldearley

- ldearley

To: ldearley
Subject: Other: bonillamickey sent a message about Apple iPad 2 32GB, Wi-Fi, 9.7in - Black (MC770LL/A) #301185083454
Sent Date: May-23-14 16:13:54 PDT
Dear ldearley,

The ipad came this week, however we knew that you had replaced the glass screen facing. However, the screen glass that you replaced is not the correct one. Don't know how, but the glass cover has cracked on the side, we can not use it like that. The glass screen is broken and you can feel the glass; you can cut yourself. The ipad had a protection cover and never was used without it. We are requesting a RMA to return the item. We are not happy with the quality of this ipad.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c

Build Log

I don't have the serial number but it would be pretty difficult to replicate the gap - I wouldnt tell them I don't have the serial number though.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c

Build Log

I tried to escalate the case to eBay and only the buyer can do that after x amount of days. I basically just have to sit and wait for the buyer to escalate and accept whatever they decide.

I think by any common sense I should win but one thing I have learned about life is that there is always some bullshit curve ball that you have no control over that comes. Escalation date is the 30th or 31st. Let's see if the person I get to review the case has any common sense.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c

Build Log

Archived