crotonevans Posted May 28, 2014 Report Posted May 28, 2014 looking for a free website to build a box I have tried re audio,and another one but both come up with different sizes are these sites accurate ? Im just looking for 3 cubes ported for a 15" sa sundown
Triticum Agricolam Posted May 28, 2014 Report Posted May 28, 2014 Are you just looking for a tool to turn specifications (3 cubes, tuning, etc) into dimensions? Torres will do that quite nicely. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Krakin Posted May 28, 2014 Report Posted May 28, 2014 RE Box calculator is not accurate, go with Torres (just google Torres box calculator then click on the SMD link) that was suggested earlier. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
crotonevans Posted May 29, 2014 Author Report Posted May 29, 2014 is there anyone that can help I cant seem to load torres as my computer and I are old is there any one that can give the correct #s and I can even pay them 15" sa sundown I was told to go with 3cu box tuned at 32hz as im running a soundqubed 1200 watts @ 1 ohm amp. any help or direction of where to turn to is appreciated thanks, Andy
timc31610 Posted May 29, 2014 Report Posted May 29, 2014 If you look on the Sundown website they have a recommended box section. You have to have Google Sketchup installed to open it but it gives dimensions and a cut sheet. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
crotonevans Posted May 29, 2014 Author Report Posted May 29, 2014 I need a smaller box and tuned lower Than sundown recommend
timc31610 Posted May 29, 2014 Report Posted May 29, 2014 If you need help you need to list your max dimensions, and tuning preference. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
mothra Posted May 29, 2014 Report Posted May 29, 2014 psp-calculator and pen and paper? if nothing changes, nothing changes You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know
crotonevans Posted May 30, 2014 Author Report Posted May 30, 2014 the dimensions can be anything as it is in the back of a Tahoe 48 by 36 by 36 the 15 inch sundown SA sound cube 1200 watt mono amp I was told I need about 3 cubic feet for that box and 32 hz on the different web sites I've been in when I put in my numbers in the come up different on different web sites just looking for some clothes dimensions and ported box at 32 hzs that would be great for that setup
PolishThunder Posted May 30, 2014 Report Posted May 30, 2014 My personal favorite is WinISD, its a bit more complex but used along side torres it can help you make a pretty sweet box. The only downside is it takes a bit of practice and reading to learn how to use WinISD but I definitely think its worth it in the end.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.