Sonic Electronix

I can't believe no body has said it yet so i will.

8g wiring kit? they make those? anyway you can barely power a 300w amp with 8g wire! my speaker wire is 8g. for anything close to 1000w rms you need 0g you can get a decent kit for about $120.

you put a 1000w amp on 8g power and ground your either gonna fry the amp or catch your car on fire! do your big 3 as well.

if you want good sound you have to spend good money! there's no such thing as a good cheap system. (depending on what you think is cheap) if you think you can get a good system for $500 .... no not gonna happen. you can get a decent amp and sub for that price but now you need wires,deck, components, Comp amp, fuses, battery terminals, big 3, box, deadner, more wire, ..... the list goes on and on.

right now i have around 3,000 into my system. still need to spend another $3,000 and then it will be a "good" system.

can you spend $200 and make your trunk rattle.... yea but that's all your gonna get... trunk rattle.

ive spent $300 alone to get my trunk to stop rattling!

don't mean to sound like a Dick but this is the truth! this is a expensive hobby.

oh try not to buy used, most of the time your buying someone else headache..

Best Buy has 2 8-gauge amp kits, one from Metra and the other is the Kicker D-series kit.

I ran 8 gauge on my inverter and it sucked, so I swapped it out for 4 gauge OFC and it's working so much better lol. I wanted to go for 0, but it was the best that I could do without having to wait for shipping.

2016 Ford Focus SE

No build log yet
DC Audio 1.2K
2x DC Audio Level 2 10"

Thanks so much guys for all the positive feedback, instead of negative, After thinking, Let me just save some money and maybe i invest in a better amp and wiring kit.

(Haven't have a job since i got back from the military, discharge for medical.)

This is what i decided.

• Big 3 Wiring Kit
  • DP Guage 0 Amp Kit
  • Battery Isolator
  • MTX Audio Thunder 4500 12" (Double 12")
  • Hilfonics Brutus Elite BE1700.1D (1700W, 3400 W RMS)

Thanks so much guys for all the positive feedback, instead of negative, After thinking, Let me just save some money and maybe i invest in a better amp and wiring kit.

(Haven't have a job since i got back from the military, discharge for medical.)

This is what i decided.

• Big 3 Wiring Kit
  • DP Guage 0 Amp Kit
  • Battery Isolator
  • MTX Audio Thunder 4500 12" (Double 12")
  • Hilfonics Brutus Elite BE1700.1D (1700W, 3400 W RMS)

let me know what make and model car you have or measurements from alternator + to battery + alternator - to battery - and battery - to chassis and i will throw in the big 3 together with the 17 feet power wire

I'll take some wire!haha

but you don't need a iso.. ever! and the brutus amps are power hungry dirty amps!

if your looking for around 1000w of good clean power the ct 900.1 will do that really well for not allot of money! even the 700.1 will give you some thump!

also sq amps are solid Amps and for a used price you can get a 1200w amp for $150ish

i Dont know much about your Subs tho.

if i were you i would take Miguels offer for the wire(what a nice guy he is) and take that money you were gonna spend and put towards a better amp! since your on a budget and prolly don't plan on buying a ho alt and better battery your gonna need a more efficient/clean amp. the exact opposite of a brutus. they won't do rated and suck up allot of power trying.

I'm.running 2 ct sounds 1400.1 strapped @4ohm right now(each amp is seeing 2ohm) and at full Tilt i have 0 voltage drop! stock alt crappy yellow top bat... for now. but still no drop is kinda crazy. there's even a ct 60.4 on there sucking power and still nothing!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

dp

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Battery to alternator is only 10 feet.

Now if battery to amp that is difference. 15 feet.

for amp to ground - 3 feet

Battery to chassis - i dont know about this.

my car is a toyota celica, kinda small 2 door car.

Hey TuanTrang, if you care to, my set up in my signature cost me just around $1000. I did however, get all my 1/0 for free, so that is roughly around $100. Regardless, the best way to get your bang for your buck. Is to just to pay attention to websites that sell what you are looking for. My front and back speakers, albeit they are rockfords very first entry level speakers, are worth around $150 together. Because I waited and found them cheap, still new. I spent just a smidge over 100 with shipping and tax. Bought my AQ750.1 used, and found my headunit for %45 off retail on sonic electronix. You can get stuff for good prices, you just have to be willing to wait. And the wait is damn well worth it when you've got some good gear, and paid very little for it.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm