I wanted to finish those doors, but shit got busy at work and I didn't have time. So I threw a couple coats of clear on the inside...hopefully I'll have time to wrap them this week. Almost done with glass filler sanding on the bumper and on to rage filler.

9zumw6.jpg

2dtdlxl.jpg

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

looking good man. keep it up.

thanks man, I'm trying to get it done soon....

So I think I'm safe in saying it's ready for Rage. Spent a lot of the weekend sanding off and filling with duraglas and have anything pretty damn smooth and straight. Don't even want to admit how long I sanded to get the bottom "shelf" straight and smooth (it was hours).

xlw9w3.jpg

2dij7k9.jpg

2q1ud5l.jpg

ruwimw.jpg

be66np.jpg

I decided I'm gonna talk to maaco to see if I can get it sprayed. After all this work, I really would like the closure of a decent paint job....Doesn't have to be perfect, but I don't want to just spray bomb it.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Got me some amber lenses from a fellow prelude owner. They were a little faded so I wanted to clean them up before putting them on. I cut them down with 800-2000 grit and hit them with Meguiar's PlastX. Now the lenses look brand new....Housings are still faded but you won't see them anyway. Plan on getting in the garage tonight and putting in some hours with Rage on the bumper...

Oh and I was influenced into giving my lower doors to our upholsterer at work. I was really nervous about fucking it up and this guy has been doing this for 30 years...Can't really beat that experience. Should get them back next week.

sgspx4.jpg

2898v95.jpg

119qhk6.jpg

1zzs750.jpg

I'm new to the forum and what you've done so far is good work ill keep following this to check the progress. keep it up

thanks man I'm trying to...

Looks nice man. they look new again. Going to be a sweet front end when your done.

thanks man, I hope so....If it ever ends haha

Had a minor set back last night. The amber lenses I bought were original Stanley parts and the lenses I used to mold the tabs were aftermarket black housings. So the ambers didnt fit well at all.

The outside ones sat on a slant and the inside ones wouldn't fit between the mount and center. I ended up getting the inside ones to fit by sanding the middle sections down, but ended up sanding through the glass. The outside lenses just wouldn't work so I cut the mounting tabs off....

Broke out the glass again....Lined them up just how I wanted them and glassed the new tabs in. Also, added another 5 layers to the inside center to stiffen it up. Hopefully now, I'm done with glass. Looks ugly, but left it overnight to clean up today.

iqwi9e.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

haven't updated in a while....switched back to maintenance type stuff.....

Did the rear sway bar links, replaced the bar bushings front and back.

qnv13r.jpg

wi7t02.jpg

2d16yk2.jpg

had to cut them because honda thinks an allen key fitting isn't going to rust over time....

then I picked up a passenger knuckle (technically the junk yard sent me the previous gen knuckle, but came through and sent me another one) and replaced the bearing in it...

beikwi.jpg

np2qhf.jpg

then this weekend I replaced the knuckles....I've had a bad history with axle nuts. They hate me and I hate them...both equally.

So this time, I went and picked up a different style breaker bar. wrenched on it for a couple minutes and watched while I could make the front wheel spin on the smooth garage floor....

Got sick of it real quick....then went to home depot and picked up a 1"x60" pipe....

2itt2bp.jpg

and that thankfully worked.....then I had a hell of a time getting the lower ball joint to pop up. took a lot of heat, blaster, and WALING on it for probably 20 minutes all together But it finally let go. Everything else went pretty smooth (probably because everything else I had to loosen has been replaced already).

then while torquing the last lug nut.....

k1ar9k.jpg

BAM.....love it. So take it apart and replaced the stud....Luckily this has happened before so i keep a little bag of half a dozen studs and lug nuts just in case....

then I went to the passenger side

2pqozk6.jpg

2w7n9xg.jpg

didn't take nearly as long as the driver's side.

so I was all done.

2s6qypg.jpg

Now, thankfully I have no parts left to replace on this car. So I have to finish the bumper.

fuck those allen keys, biggest pita in the world

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

fuck those allen keys, biggest pita in the world

they're garbage man...

Archived