Sundown Audio

unsatisfied with sundown purchase and support

Yeah that kind of damage happened during shipment with a perfectly good box that it was shipped in with no damage and Styrofoam at both ends of the amplifier that has no damage. You must not read before replying.

05 dodge magnum rt

DEH-80PRS

Rockford fosgate T600.4

st200 tweeters

Sundown Neo Pro 6.5 v2's

2 Saz-3500v2- Toolmaker dual 1/0 inputs

2 Sundown ZV4 12" D1

1/0 Sky High Power wire OFC

3 XS D3100- Toolmaker battery terminals

Mechman 320 Amp Alt

Smd Voltmeter

KnuKoncept 1/0 OFC

I feel bad for you Martydmb, you've had a bad experience. You have a damaged amp in your possession, it sucks. You can fix this easily with the company you purchased it from. If you've lost confidence, then you have. I don't see the point in throwing Sundown on blast if they are perfectly willing to correct the situation. They corrected your other issue with the amp that didn't have quite the output you expected. It may not have been on the timetable you were happy with, but they did do it.

There are plenty other options to acquire new Sundown equipment, not only SSA. If anything, maybe you should stop doing business with that specific merchant due to customer service you find unacceptable. As far as the product not working the first time I have a question:

How did you set your gains with the SAZ3500D when you got the first one. You are referring to gain pot position and give no hint that you set the gain properly. You only say something like " I know that surely the gain pot shouldn't need to be blah blah blah". This doesn't indicate that you set the gain properly with a DD-1 or O-scope, which are the ONLY ways to properly match your HU voltage and amp signal voltage.

Again, I'm sorry for your bad experience, I wouldn't be happy either. What was your main purpose in creating the thread? If it was just to vent, I understand.

Edited by CleanSierra

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

An amp with bent tabs would not ship from us that way.

We un-package, test, examine, and re-package each amplifier (and every subwoofer / speaker for that matter). It's not impossible for a tab to be bent in transit despite the foam end caps. A drop off the belt in the FedEx warehouse can do so; if dropped on the corner can bend the tab without permanent damage to the packing.

We've shipped 1000s of amps over the years and a bend or ding on a corner is the most common sort of damage; packing has been upgraded numerous times over the years but it still happens on occasion. Granted it is very rare with the newest packing.

The only way to rectify the bent tab is DIY fix or shipping damage claim and swap it again. Yes it is inconvenient but that is the reality of shipping products.

Bottom line, though, is that it would never have left here after inspection with a bent tab. We have full time employees dedicated to JUST QC checking products before they ship; which in and of itself is a rarity in the business these days.

• Like (+1 Rep) 12

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Thanks sundownz for the reply and is appreciated very much.

05 dodge magnum rt

DEH-80PRS

Rockford fosgate T600.4

st200 tweeters

Sundown Neo Pro 6.5 v2's

2 Sundown ZV4 12" D1

Mechman 320 Amp Alt

Smd Voltmeter

KnuKoncept 1/0 OFC

For the people that find the thread tl;dr.

Amp doesn't work properly, sundown quickly send him a new amp and it had a bent tab.(probably because of shipping)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

• 4 weeks later...

Figure I update.. I ordered another saz-3500v2 last week and 2 zv4 subwoofers. Title is wrong and wasnt meant about support. Anyways. Looking to get the sax125.4 with next check and will have everything sundown in my car except tweeters. Installed the neo pro v2 in my doors. Justin seen the install on facebook with Brians amazing work with fabrication for my magnum till I get my door modded for 2 neo pro v2s.

Love your products and will be ordering more.

05 dodge magnum rt

DEH-80PRS

Rockford fosgate T600.4

st200 tweeters

Sundown Neo Pro 6.5 v2's

2 Sundown ZV4 12" D1

Mechman 320 Amp Alt

Smd Voltmeter

KnuKoncept 1/0 OFC

Things happen sometimes that cant be avoided, no matter how good the company or product, their will eventually be a mistake that slips through.

However i would be pissed about having to pay return shipping for a defective product. Myelf and i'm sure other's have gotten a bad product at one time or another, but i have never had to pay for return shipping fees.

I would think if you conyact Sundown they would reimburse you, or at least i would hope the would do the right thing.

truthsayer