Sonic Electronix

Do you run below rated impedance??

Do you run below rated impedance?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Do you run below rated impedance? Assuming at least ok electrical.

• Daily.
    • Burps only.
    • Only on sub amps.
    • If sub amps, Never below .5
    • If sub amps, Lower than .5 but burps only
    • If sub amps, Lower than .5 daily.

If you got money coming out of your ass and don't mind beating the living shit out of your equipment then drop it low. This is why I won't buy a used amp off just anyone. My opinion on it is if you compete and every 10th matters then you do what you can. If it's daily then your just wearing on your equipment faster than needed.

Myth :) just sayin

So your telling me your not lowering the life of an amplifier by running it so low? No harm of any kind? Not even a risk? Eh say what you want. I don't buy it. Your a competitor so do what you gotta do. I'm going to take care of my shit.

Show me the proof that it does and I will show you the proof that it doesn't. In the lanes, I run my equipment harder in 3 minutes then you ever will in your whole life. I have my proof do you have yours?

I am only responding to kinda laugh and troll on that last super condescending statement. "You run your equipment harder in 3 minutes than he will his WHOLE life? Lmao your shit is loud no doubt but you come off as a prick! Some serious little man syndrome going on there.

Oh yeah, I run mine at .5 daily if I need to.

2012 F250 Lariat 6.7, lifted on 22's and 35's

4 DSS Ethos 18's walled tuned low

2 Ampere Audio 7500.1's, Ampere 125.4

Rockford Pro Audio front stage

9 batteries, Mechman Elite 370 alt

Team DSS, Team Ampere Audio

2014 Meca Mod 3 TN State champ / 3rd place Mod 3 World Finals

32d73d87-e373-4a49-8914-d25decfa6dcc_zps

single gznw 15 and amp on half ohm

single gznw 15 and 2 amps both wired to 0,5

always liked the second option

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

Of course there are risks, the same risks running an amp at 1 ohm that you have running it at 1/2 ohm. The difference is the margin of error. Low voltage is a risk no matter what nominal ohm you are running, but at lower than rated you are pushing components to their limits and smaller voltage changes have a much bigger effect.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I have been running my XXX at .5 for a while now. Never drop below 12.5. Still need to up my electrical. I keep mids and highs at or above rated impedance.

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

If you got money coming out of your ass and don't mind beating the living shit out of your equipment then drop it low. This is why I won't buy a used amp off just anyone. My opinion on it is if you compete and every 10th matters then you do what you can. If it's daily then your just wearing on your equipment faster than needed.

So your telling me your not lowering the life of an amplifier by running it so low? No harm of any kind? Not even a risk? Eh say what you want. I don't buy it. Your a competitor so do what you gotta do. I'm going to take care of my shit.

Show me the proof that it does and I will show you the proof that it doesn't. In the lanes, I run my equipment harder in 3 minutes then you ever will in your whole life. I have my proof do you have yours?

I am only responding to kinda laugh and troll on that last super condescending statement. "You run your equipment harder in 3 minutes than he will his WHOLE life? Lmao your shit is loud no doubt but you come off as a prick! Some serious little man syndrome going on there.

Oh yeah, I run mine at .5 daily if I need to.

Hey asshole GFY. :) dude end troll

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

I have ran below operating impedance allowances for amplifiers before, back when I was in and freshly out of high school, didn't know any better at the time. For me however, it was always running a 2-channel amplifier bridged at 2 ohms, burned up one amp doing this, lucked out with the other one as neither were supposed to be stable below 4 ohms bridged.

Lowest I've ran a mono amp was at 1 ohm, but that was with my Memphis 16-MCD1000, which is 1 ohm stable. Had it pushing a pair of Polk MM1240D subs and it did so effortlessly.

had my at 800.1 @ .5 for a while now cant go full tilt because it shuts off but i also dont have the electrical up yet to fix that working on that currently with 2 hc 1800s in the back

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Not sure why I'm getting involved, but I still have the Rockford Punch 250a2 that I ran for a couple months at 2 ohms bridged before it up and quit. Not entirely sure it died due to operating at 2 ohms bridged, but that's what I suspect.

Surprisingly, I ran a Road Gear amplifier bridged at 2 ohms for some time as well, it got hot as fuck but seemed to take it. Car was loaned to my mother's boyfriend who rewired the setup and relocated the amp to being mounted upside down to the rear deck, got the car back with a busted amp. He had it wired to just one sub so it was in fact operating at 4 ohms, but apparently being mounted upside down did it in... I think, as the heat sink obviously couldn't do it's job.

Archived