dual (two different) alternators, multiply batteries. combine or separate for vehicle and audio

ok so i kind of had it right. last thing, for the setup, how many batteries should i run in the back bank? im looking to get the xs d1400 batteries.

Have you calculated your load? I actually just did a bunch or research on this. You running 14V batteries will make a huge difference on your power factor. Any idea of how much True RMS Watts you will be pulling?

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

seems like a lot of trouble, for a single (hell 2 even) AQ3500

Id run just ONE larger singer, with a 3400 up front, and 1 or 2 3100's in the back.....

You HAVE to have duals, then,

Id run them together, with 12v bats charging at 14, can call it done. :shrug:

Have you calculated your load? I actually just did a bunch or research on this. You running 14V batteries will make a huge difference on your power factor. Any idea of how much True RMS Watts you will be pulling?

I just order 2 d1400s today. At 1 ohm the amp shows to push 4300 watts from the specs. The SSA'S are rated at 2250 watts each. The amp wants 380 amps inline. So I'm going off that info.

Right now with only one sub connected at 2 ohms, just the singer alt, and two d3400 batteries, I'm getting some nasty volt drops at times. 2 runs of positive and ground. Rechecked all grounds and added some more just to be sure.

I'd figure with the vehicles needs the singer alt itself was just not enough for the amp and vehicle load. Would I be correct on that?

I just order 2 d1400s today. At 1 ohm the amp shows to push 4300 watts from the specs. The SSA'S are rated at 2250 watts each. The amp wants 380 amps inline. So I'm going off that info.

Right now with only one sub connected at 2 ohms, just the singer alt, and two d3400 batteries, I'm getting some nasty volt drops at times. 2 runs of positive and ground. Rechecked all grounds and added some more just to be sure.

I'd figure with the vehicles needs the singer alt itself was just not enough for the amp and vehicle load. Would I be correct on that?

you know 14 volt batts need to be charged at 16 volts right?

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

Numbers and real world are a lil different my friend.

To see that 1ohm load reactive, and come EVEN close to that amp pulling close to that number, that would be a nominal wiring of like .2. You also be on a burp, with a tone and enclosure that would have to be UBER efficent.

All that matters not since you will have to charge at 16v ish to make those expensive 14v bats even keep a charge.

Your cars electronics may hate that. I don't know.

So, your stuck with a alt for the car and alt for those. How are you only gonna charge/excite the high volt alt? You can't have the turn on on both alts. It will have to be seperate.

I ran a Dc 10k and some bank, at .7, with that same singer alt (still run it) and if I saw under 12v I was surprised.

What to you is "nasty drops"?

Batteries should always be charged about 2 V higher. It really shouldn't be to difficult to get 16V out of his Singer alt.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

Batteries should always be charged about 2 V higher. It really shouldn't be to difficult to get 16V out of his Singer alt.

Oh, it can be done. Figure out how to turn it on, from the two 1400's, seperate from the oem alt.

Hell, anything is possible. But for one 3500? jesus, people dont go this far for 5 digits in wattage.....

Your power and resistance is going to vary on box rise and the power factor and even the frequencies playing and ect. Im really surprised your saying you get nasty voltage drop from only running 1 sub wired @ 2 OHMS. The singer alt and 2 d3400s should take that no problem at all. Your vehicle load doesnt hardly take anything unless you have more aftermarket eletronic devices pulling additional power. The only real reason i would run the alts seperate really is to prevent any dimming in your exterior and interior lights.

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

if you are aiming for 7k I would run no less than 4 d1400s if you go that route.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

Archived