Second Skin Audio

Which 15" Sub?

siross

Which sub in your opinion would give me the best streetbass off 2kw at 1ohm?

A DC Level 4 or a V3 XXX???

Also in the running is an RE MT15, I know this is a purely SPL Woofer but it has been modified for daily streetbass duties, am still slightly sceptical of it's musical abilities though....

I'm after volume whilst still retaining some SQ.

My front end will be Oz Matrix CS180 comps off a DLS A4.

id go with the DC lvl 4.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P4050UB

Subs: 2 Pioneer Premier 12" ts-w3004spls

Sub box: 3.2ft3 tuned to 35hz

Sub Amp: SoundMagus DK 1800

Speaker Amp: Rockford Fosgate 200a4 Bridged to fronts

Front Speakers: DLS MS5A components

2 gauge power & ground

141s19i.jpg

If you have the power the RE MT will stomp ALL those woofers.

I ran them daily for 2 years, no problems, it's all in the box, and having clean power. XXX will sound better but MT is TWICE as loud...PERIOD, music or burps

Christian

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

id take the XXX over a level 4 all day long, any version of XXX i like over the level 4. im not saying the level 4 is a bad sub because its not, its just not with a xxx.

As far as peopel like logan , its just like nismo all over again, hes probably NEVER messed with XXX and just bought DC's so he really has no bassis of telling people which one is best and which one isnt.

The MT is louder, i wouldnt go as far as saying 2x as loud but its louder to say the least, but i'll give up that loudness for the clarity of the XXX everyday, this is coming from someone whos owned all of them or listened to the level 4.

I would probably have to go with the XXX.... gets loud and sounds great how can you go wrong?

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

id take the XXX over a level 4 all day long, any version of XXX i like over the level 4. im not saying the level 4 is a bad sub because its not, its just not with a xxx.

As far as peopel like logan , its just like nismo all over again, hes probably NEVER messed with XXX and just bought DC's so he really has no bassis of telling people which one is best and which one isnt.

The MT is louder, i wouldnt go as far as saying 2x as loud but its louder to say the least, but i'll give up that loudness for the clarity of the XXX everyday, this is coming from someone whos owned all of them or listened to the level 4.

Sound advice there, this is what I needed, the opinion of someone who has listened to both. Because DC is only just coming over the pond in the UK, I can't really get a listen anytime soon so have to go on their reputiation which isnt the best.

I think the MT is out because it just wont do what I want it to!

XXX is winning at the moment, any other opinions?

Si

Archived