Tantric Sounds '01 Volvo S40 - Turkey Drag rebuild...(trunk bandpass ftw!)

The chassis of this car is only as good as 35mm2 (2 AWG) so it is better to run the cable all the way thought the car to prefent groundloops.

Remember;

The whole power suply is as good as the grounding.

(something with chains and a weakest link)

Where is your primary ground at?

Also, where in the world is the engine ground at?

Just that one ground helped pretty well but I do still need to do a to-front run, guessing to the front strut tower?

How much Ampere does the factory components pull throught the cables?

(almost nothing, that is why there is not even a big power cable used in an original car)

So the chassis will normally do the job..

And a small audio upgrade will have no problems with this.

But, when you are up for a big powered audio system...

generalbunkersignature2.jpg

______Some people and performances are beyond words______

Chairman of the foundation "Propper-Droppers Holland" 2012

Founder of the European delegation of `Propper-Droppers' 2011

Dutch Champion EMMA SQ MultiMedia advanced 2010

European Champion EMMA SQ experienced 5 channel 2007

Dutch Champion EMMA SQ experienced 5 channel 2007

BeNeLux vice Champion dB-drag street-A 2007

Dutch vice Champion dB-drag ministreet-sedan 2004

Propper Droppers is about deep, ground wobbling, elephant-and-whale stimulating Street Bass.

The deep stuff. We test at different frequencies from deep, to low to snake’s belly. (Like 20Hz anyone?)

Got an email about the alt. Big ass dent in the rectifier, it's getting replaced and sent back soon.

Bout tired of the fucking cam code that always throws itself(P1014) since it's just BARELY off time. Enough that the only time it throws itself is while idling for more than 30 minutes...and yes that happens often.

No chance any of the volvo guys have the volvo DOHC cam tool that holds the cams in place while the VVT and shit is adjusted?

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Yay I had another coil pack mishap like we did 20k miles ago.. random hardcore misfires. Swapped the coils around(4 cylinder but only has 2 coils...odd as fuck) and it's still misfiring but not as bad. Gonna try warrantying them through the place my dad got them and swapping to some nice NGK plugs over the motorcraft's my dad has in it.

Alt got sent back to me. FUCKING LOVE MIKE SINGER. Had a big ass internal dent in the rectifier, so it was fucked. Got replaced, now it's coming back.

Still searching around for a solid engine ground, thinking of grounding from the alternator case mount to the drivers strut mount where I have my battery ground at. Will add a front to back to front ground while I'm at it.

Got a new project aswell to fix up with my dad, 02 SportTrac 4.0. Maykeep it.

Sounds great!

Thanks!

Lose the fur, man.

I like the fur though :( it's different and fits the personality of my car... odd and weird and different.

Singer alt is back and going in tonight. Threw the new coil pack in and it's running great again. Talking to the president of Social Rejects the other day, car might be going on air soon. Trying to think of an idea to do with the plastic bump trim around the car, it's too bland and boring.

17's and bagging it next year. Not laid out on the unibody but low enough lol. Really just want the usefulness of airride to deal with the weight.

I wish I could fit the newer S40 R wheels :( Even the stock S40 2.4i wheels...the 18's...my sisters 09 S40 has them. I would kill to have this car as a 5 lug

Forgot those were 4 lug. Come cross post this on Turbobricks!

We don't do it for the glory.

17's and bagging it next year. Not laid out on the unibody but low enough lol. Really just want the usefulness of airride to deal with the weight.

I wish I could fit the newer S40 R wheels :( Even the stock S40 2.4i wheels...the 18's...my sisters 09 S40 has them. I would kill to have this car as a 5 lug

Forgot those were 4 lug. Come cross post this on Turbobricks!

Are they open to this kind of modifications? I'd like to get involved on those forums but I'm afraid that they will criticize me for doing this to my car... Kind of like the guys on F150 forum arent as accepting to Bighossf150's wall as we are.

After some embarassing low voltage at the little local meetup last night, I decided to finally tear my intake and PCM mount out to finish up my big 3.

I'll take pics here in a little bit, but first I'll give a rundown of my charging system:

Mike Singer 220a -> 2/0 SkyHigh CCA -> XS Power D4800 -> SkyHigh 2/0 CCA -> XS Power XP2000. Seems simple ehh? But the grounding situation is sort of a fuck fest.

XS D4800 -> SkyHigh 2/0 CCA -> front drivers side strut mount <- SkyHigh 2/0 CCA <- factory bellhousing ground. Literally have to take out the airbox, PCM, fuse box, all kinds of shit to get to the bellhousing ground.

Rear grounds: XS D4800 -> 2/0 CCA -> Spare tire well floor with a bolt to the rear subframe, grounded with 2/0 CCA. Sundown 2k is grounded the same way, through the floor to the rear subframe.

Good news is....

I CAN HOLD 13.1v FULL TILT NOW!

Archived