Sundown Audio

Real world amp tests

Afficionado

The Kicker CX1200.1

Now I didn't have high expectations for this amp, and I was blown away when I saw the results...

this WILL do rated at 14.4.... CRAZY.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

Hey, do some home and pro audio amps!

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

I have a buddy who's CT Sound 7k was tested on the AMM-1.....Its been almost a month and I am still trying to get him to understand why he only saw 4k out of the amp in his truck....The real world tests hurt and he was warned before testing....lol

No System......GFY

if it dont do rated in certified it does not do rated period. dynamic mode is just lowering the standard

bet you will never see 1900 watts out of that brutus in a real world scenario. you should change the title of this thread. none of the test are real world test.. you are using a load bank that stays at 1 ohm at all times. real world test require impedance rise. the dynamic test shouldn't even exist. its just throwing burst of different frequencies thats why its easier on the voltage and the amp. i see what youre trying to do but this test are not legit to real world test. real world test requires a sub, enclouser and a vehicle.. DC 5k does 8k dynamic at 1 ohm.. if that was the case then people would be over powering subs and burning coils like crazy

if it dont do rated in certified it does not do rated period. dynamic mode is just lowering the standard

bet you will never see 1900 watts out of that brutus in a real world scenario. you should change the title of this thread. none of the test are real world test.. you are using a load bank that stays at 1 ohm at all times. real world test require impedance rise. the dynamic test shouldn't even exist. its just throwing burst of different frequencies thats why its easier on the voltage and the amp. i see what youre trying to do but this test are not legit to real world test. real world test requires a sub, enclouser and a vehicle.. DC 5k does 8k dynamic at 1 ohm.. if that was the case then people would be over powering subs and burning coils like crazy

You should have read the beginning of this thread.

It started with me testing amplifiers in my car with an AMM-1. The SQ did 1900 watts in my car hooked to subwoofers, and that means the hifonics would too.

I've RECENTLY started posting Rtkota's videos in my thread because I think he makes great amp test videos, even though they don't necessarily represent real world scenarios.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

Archived