Rck'nRF Posted June 8, 2014 Author Report Posted June 8, 2014 It's a si.please idea, but next to imposibe to make with multiple sources. Could you kindly repeat that please?
Pro7 Posted June 8, 2014 Report Posted June 8, 2014 Actually low frequencies do much less damage to one's hearing than high frequencies do. I am not doubting you,i would just like to ask if you may elaborate this statement? 145db @ 20hz is hella painfull on my eardrums. As 145db at 40hz more or less tickles my body. I would just like to learn mote about this. Thanks I wasnt considering 20hz low and 40hz high I am comparing 'sub frequencies' in the range of 20-80hz to high frequencies around 1khz and up I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before
Pro7 Posted June 8, 2014 Report Posted June 8, 2014 This is off of the NIHL wiki page NIHL is generally observed to affect a person's hearing sensitivity in the higher frequencies, especially at 4000 Hz. "Noise-induced impairments are usually associated with a notch-shaped high-frequency sensorineural loss that is worst at 4000 Hz, although the notch often occurs at 3000 or 6000 Hz, as well".[4] Doctoral students at the University of Iowa have termed this notch, specific to a noise-induced etiology, a "muna." The symptoms of NIHL are usually presented equally in both ears.[4] Not all audiological results from patients with NIHL match the above description. Often a decline in hearing sensitivity will occur at frequencies other than at the typical 30006000 Hz range. Variations arise from differences in people's ear canal resonance, the frequency of the harmful acoustic signal, and the length of exposure.[8] As harmful noise exposure continues, the commonly affected frequencies will broaden and worsen in severity.[4] "NIHL usually occurs initially at high frequencies (3, 4, or 6 kHz), and then spreads to the low frequencies (0.5, 1, or 2 kHz)".[9] I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before
slowfkncar Posted June 8, 2014 Report Posted June 8, 2014 Actually low frequencies do much less damage to one's hearing than high frequencies do. I am not doubting you,i would just like to ask if you may elaborate this statement? 145db @ 20hz is hella painfull on my eardrums. As 145db at 40hz more or less tickles my body. I would just like to learn mote about this. Thanks I wasnt considering 20hz low and 40hz high I am comparing 'sub frequencies' in the range of 20-80hz to high frequencies around 1khz and up Oh mybad! Must have read that wrong. But yes, mid frequencies cause damage to the ear drum internally. But if loud enough,subsonic frequencies can rupture your eardrum.
Krakin Posted June 8, 2014 Report Posted June 8, 2014 It's a si.please idea, but next to imposibe to make with multiple sources.Could you kindly repeat that please? It's a simple idea to have no gain and just a volume knob, but next to impossible to have with so many different sources. IE phone/hu/one or more amps. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
MrSkippyJ Posted June 8, 2014 Report Posted June 8, 2014 I don't know you from adam, so maybe you are awesome and can set gains perfect by ear. Maybe the sub was faulty. Who knows? Hope you have better luck. You are confusing me about something though, you say a "sine" killed it, but then you say gains a perfect. So, um where did this evil sine come from? A golden question there..i really don't know where the evil came from,but it has to be said, this is the first sub i ever cooked since my love of bass started in 1991.. and how about 0 cooked subs since 1994 but setting gains with the right tools? I have not blown a single sub ever (except for the few I have intentionally blown up), the closest I got was a dust cap came off one of my JL subs. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.