luism1983 Posted June 11, 2014 Author Report Posted June 11, 2014 This might be a stupid question but I will go ahead and ask, I am trying to keep the port firing to the rear below the plexi window instead of the side I drew this picture cause is kind of hard to explain what I am trying to do hopefully y'all can understand it audio fanatic
bassaddiction Posted June 11, 2014 Report Posted June 11, 2014 why not fire port to left or right and make it fully internal and invert the two outer subs?
SCS_Audio Posted June 11, 2014 Report Posted June 11, 2014 ^^ Are you planning on taking your port in, and then splitting it in 1/2, with one part going left and one part going right? Can you do an top, front, and side view? 2012 North American Street Stock Runner-up - 150.9 on 1800 clamped watts (Teammate)2013 dB Drag Street Trunk World Champion - 153.9 on 3200 clamped Watts (Teammate)2013 MECA Trunk 1 World Champion - 152.8 Headrest (Teammate)2013 MECA Park & Pound 2 World Champion - 130.6 (Teammate)Checkout our build and videos !! : ) 150+ Trunk Build Log itsgordy1 youtube channel (click for Hairtricks)Smith's Custom SeatsMartinsburg, PA (Second Skin Dealer)
luism1983 Posted June 11, 2014 Author Report Posted June 11, 2014 Yes that's what I am trying to do audio fanatic
luism1983 Posted June 11, 2014 Author Report Posted June 11, 2014 The reason I don't wanna do the port to the side is because I wanna do a trim panel to make the box flush to the car audio fanatic
Krakin Posted June 12, 2014 Report Posted June 12, 2014 Function > Form Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
Triticum Agricolam Posted June 12, 2014 Report Posted June 12, 2014 Function > Form This. The problem with splitting your port in half is you are going to have a tough time getting the 26" length on both halves, you are going to have to bend them back on each other to do it, which is take up more of your internal airspace, which you already don't have enough of. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
luism1983 Posted June 12, 2014 Author Report Posted June 12, 2014 Ok thanks just wanted to make sure before I did port to the side audio fanatic
bbeljefe Posted June 12, 2014 Report Posted June 12, 2014 Great info thanks, so if I add another 1/2 sheet to the baffle it would make it 1-1/2" witch will raise the speakers 1/2" and that should be enough room to keep the subs cool? That would work. Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc Instagram: audioanarchyllc Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe
luism1983 Posted June 15, 2014 Author Report Posted June 15, 2014 Got most of the pieces cut today except the port and 45s , now my question is should my port also be 1" MDf or can I get away with just 1/2" audio fanatic
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.