Home audio guys, get in here.

I'm looking at doing a budget set up for my new tv. I have some 6.5in rf t2 comps laying around, and I want to buy 2 18in fi car audio IB3s. I was planning on running a crown Crown XLS 2000 DriveCore Series Power Amplifier. My question is can I run one channel at 2 ohms and the other at 4 ohms?

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

Home equipment and commerical equipment likes 4 ohms. Run 2 500 watt amps here with electronic crossover. I use a seperate Adcom turner to turn up bass. You wont need 18 in home audio. Stick with 15 or smaller.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Home equipment and commerical equipment likes 4 ohms. Run 2 500 watt amps here with electronic crossover. I use a seperate Adcom turner to turn up bass. You wont need 18 in home audio. Stick with 15 or smaller.

I'm going to use 2 rf t2 comps in a passive type set up and the final load it give me is 4 ohms, and I wanted to run the subs at 2 ohms to maximize the power of the amp. Subs are 550 watts rms. I have the space for 18s so I might as well.

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

I always thought that home Audio liked to be run at 8 ohms for safe operation ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Well took a little bit to find a manual for the amp. And to my surprise it is 2 ohm stable. So yes you can do what you are wanting to do.

Edit: http://www.fullcompass.com/product/381182.html

truthsayer

I always thought that home Audio liked to be run at 8 ohms for safe operation ...

Yes, but I will be using a pro audio amp and it can be ran safely at 2ohms. The subs, mids and highs aren't what you would consider "home audio" it's just stuff I have laying around.

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

Well took a little bit to find a manual for the amp. And to my surprise it is 2 ohm stable. So yes you can do what you are wanting to do.

So I can run one channel at 2 ohms and one channel at 4 ohm?

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

Well it's a 2 channel stereo amp. So run it either 2 or 4 ohms. You really need 2 amps. One for your mids and one for your subs.

truthsayer

Well it's a 2 channel stereo amp. So run it either 2 or 4 ohms. You really need 2 amps. One for your mids and one for your subs.

I figured but I wanted to save money. I'm not trying to go all in on a this project, which is why I wanted one amp for everything.

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

Archived