timc31610 Posted June 12, 2014 Report Posted June 12, 2014 Hi guys, I'm trying to learn BassBox Pro and am trying to design a box for my HDS312. Is this a good response curve or is it too peaky? My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
mothra Posted June 12, 2014 Report Posted June 12, 2014 don't worry to much about response curve since it'll change slightly based on our vehicle. port velocity is a bit more concerning since you'll be able to hear port noise easier. if nothing changes, nothing changes You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know
timc31610 Posted June 12, 2014 Author Report Posted June 12, 2014 Here is the port velocity. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Triticum Agricolam Posted June 12, 2014 Report Posted June 12, 2014 I don't know anything about BassBoxPro so I don't know if your frequency response graph includes cabin gain or not. If it does then yeah that does look pretty good. If that graph is before cabin gain your box is going to end up sounding pretty peaky. You can tune lower and make the box smaller to get rid of the peak. Your port velocity looks perfect though. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
gckless Posted June 12, 2014 Report Posted June 12, 2014 Looks fine to me. "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
mothra Posted June 12, 2014 Report Posted June 12, 2014 i'd try to get that PV in the 20s if nothing changes, nothing changes You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know
timc31610 Posted June 12, 2014 Author Report Posted June 12, 2014 Here is the box, I will eventually make two exactly the same for two HDS312's. I want the ability to pull one out when I have to use my back seat. It will be sub/port up. I will double baffle the top for flush mounting. Here is the port Suggestions are welcome! My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
mothra Posted June 12, 2014 Report Posted June 12, 2014 i'd look into an aero port since you're planning a rectangle port. if nothing changes, nothing changes You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know
timc31610 Posted June 12, 2014 Author Report Posted June 12, 2014 I'm doing a slot port, will be 12.5" x 3.25. It will be the width of the box and 27" long. It will have a bend but I will 45 the inside corner and round all the edges. I know aeros are more efficient but that is more money I don't really need to spend. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Triticum Agricolam Posted June 12, 2014 Report Posted June 12, 2014 i'd try to get that PV in the 20s Why? "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.