Jon-Inge Røyter Posted June 15, 2014 Report Posted June 15, 2014 Hey Got an BMW E39 520i facelift. Installed a PBR300X4 by Fosgate just yesterday, with 86 RMS @ 4 ohm calibrated. I'm now lookin' for a component set to put into the front of it. When it comes to a 3 way set, there are not many due to the midranges in the car (1.5"? 2"? something like that). So, you have 0.75" tweeters (which you can put in 1 inch) and 5.25" midbass. From what I have seen around, these are my alternatives, but feel free to add in if you know of some other good ones. JL Audio zr525-csi ( http://intl.jlaudio.com/zr525-csi-car-audio-zr-speaker-systems-91120 ) Alpine SPR-50C ( http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/spr-50c ) Rockford Fosgate T152S ( http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/t152-s ) My criterias for the car is that I am running on the original radio, albeit with the PBR300x4 in there, and I don't want the stereo visible. I want it to be completely anonymous, and as I have the TV-GPS option, I would like to see how well I can do with it. I'm not looking for an EXTREMELY loud system, though, I want primarily SQ, but being able to thump it out isn't a bad thing. Thank you for all your answers.
Skullz Posted June 15, 2014 Report Posted June 15, 2014 Try em all and pick the one you like the best. No way for us to know what one you will like, as we all have our own opinion on what sounds best to us. EDIT: If you want SQ then buy SQ oriented speakers, they're not cheap and will give you many years of good service. Hertz Hybrid Audio Blues Audio Morel Rainbow And so many others out there. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
Jon-Inge Røyter Posted June 15, 2014 Author Report Posted June 15, 2014 Thanks for the swift response. I don't have a way of trying any of them, that's why I'd like to know what you guys thought of the different component sets. Also, I would like to go for a major brand, of those you mentioned, I have only heard of one of them over here in Europe (Hertz).
Skullz Posted June 15, 2014 Report Posted June 15, 2014 Visit as many shops as possible to help form an opinion on what sound you like from the components they have on hand as each brand and set can sound very different. The top tier brands of speakers will be very capable of handling great amounts of power as long as you use a quality amplifier. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
Jon-Inge Røyter Posted June 15, 2014 Author Report Posted June 15, 2014 Not many shops around here at all, there's one that sells Alpine and Kicker and other minor brands, and that's about it. I don't want a massive stereo in this car, but I want some quality sound. My amplifier is a PBR300x4. Fosgate digital amplifier, 75 RMS@4ohm but tested at 86RMS@4ohm.
Skullz Posted June 15, 2014 Report Posted June 15, 2014 Depending on where you are located there may be some members here that know of some really good shops close to you. Some of the members builds from across the pond are incredibly awesome. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
Weigel21 Posted June 15, 2014 Report Posted June 15, 2014 I have heard many good things of Morel and Rainbow as well. Audison used to make what was arguably the best line of speakers, but it's been discontinued for a while now, the Thesis line (DAMN costly), but Audison is yet another I'd add to that list.
Jon-Inge Røyter Posted June 15, 2014 Author Report Posted June 15, 2014 Yup - I don't see them making a 5.25" set though - starting to cut and change to get a 6.5" rammed in there is something I'd like to avoid.. EDIT: I do know of Pener baffles, which COULD increase it to a 6.5" inch speaker set, that may increase my options.. Any thoughts?
Swordlordboy1234 Posted June 15, 2014 Report Posted June 15, 2014 Might wanna change the title of the thread. Vs threads are not allowed here. My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37 My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/ 2016 Mazda 6 Touring JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction B2 prototype DSP 6to8 B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set 2 B2 Class H quattro's 1 B2 Zero.5R @.5 2 B2 HNv3 12 d2 B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk Northstar Group 35 under the hood 100ft 2/0 welding cable 30ft 4ga welding cable 20ft 8ga welding cable All stinger OFC speaker wire Soundrive custom RCA's Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?
White Lightning Posted June 15, 2014 Report Posted June 15, 2014 I don't see them making a 5.25" set thoughI only know of few companies that make 5.25" component sets that work REALLY well. I run Linear Power (formerly Blues CAr Audio) in my competition vehicles. Yes, pricey ... But well worth the money spent to get the maximum quality you need. Most people that require a 5.25" driver setup normally go fully active. Best of luck with your search brother ... Just a suggestion here ... Please consider changing the title of this thread so it will not be shut down by a moderator for haveing a "verses" thread on their site ... Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.