worst night of my life...

If something drastic happens to your dog I have plenty of puppies to let go. Its bad to see anyone or an animal for that matter to have seizures and suffer through their life. Its never a good thing and the vets are so shady to charge so much for an MRI or anything they assist us with. With that said good luck and I hope he pulls through. I am shure he means the world to you as my dogs mean the world to me. I had to put one down because he got hit by a car it cost me $275 just to put him to sleep. The other option was to have surgery on him for $5000 and it wouldn't guarantee that he would survive it. Good luck

Just love him like you always have and hope he doesn't make that bad turn.

ANd $3k for an MRI? Thats more than the one I just had done. The cost of vet care is sickening. Bastards.

Yeah, but you had insurance that cover a large chunk of the bill, correct? I just had a Shuntogram done last month in which they took numerous scans with an MRI after injecting sort of fluid into my shunt, I owe nearly $1K in fees that weren't covered by my insurance.

Just love him like you always have and hope he doesn't make that bad turn.

ANd $3k for an MRI? Thats more than the one I just had done. The cost of vet care is sickening. Bastards.

Yeah, but you had insurance that cover a large chunk of the bill, correct? I just had a Shuntogram done last month in which they took numerous scans with an MRI after injecting sort of fluid into my shunt, I owe nearly $1K in fees that weren't covered by my insurance.

My point is the bill for a human MRI is less than that of OP's dog.

Sorry for the sidetrack aj.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I hate to hear that brother. My parents' dog just died a few days ago. She was 13 years old and had become blind from SARDs, which led to a variety of other health problems and ultimately, pancreatic cancer. Not that you needed to know all that but... I do understand your pain.

Also, my wife and I have a 14 year old miniature Dachshund who suffered from seizures when she was younger. It's horrible to see them go through but there's not much you can do other than comforting them and making sure they don't hurt themselves. My son also has a cat who had really bad seizures when she was a kitten. So bad that she would take off running and slam into the wall when she was coming out. It was tough to see happen because we didn't always know it was happening until we heard her hit the wall.

In any event, just take care of him and enjoy him for however long he's around. You never know, he might be like my folks' dog and outlive the prognosis by a decade. :-)

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

I am sort of in the same position....I have a 12 year old lab that only has 3 legs. He got hit by a car when he was a puppy. My wife's dad had surgery done to remove the rest of the leg that was still in tact....after that, my wife's husband lost interest in him, I guess because he couldn't play or anything like he use to. So when me and my wife got married, my wife wanted to bring Cash home (that's his name).. We have had him for about 3 years now. They say you can't teach old dogs new tricks, but I think we proved that wrong...When we first got Cash, he didn't listen, wanted nothing to do with us because her dad had him on a runner outside and never paid attention to him....up till about 6 months ago, Cash has been my side kick...Where ever I am, he is. I have to say that he has turned out to be one of the best damn dogs I have ever had other than my pit named Cookie. But now, he doesn't want to eat, I have to force feed him, he never wants to go outside, he stays in our room all day, he is very aggressive towards my wife.....long story short, I know he is very old, but now I am faced with the decision weather to put him to sleep or just let him do his thing....

My thoughts and prayers go out to you! People's pest are apart of the family, I know mine are. Just keep your head up high and pray for the best!

i finally gothim home After a long day. from talking with the vet she thinks that if we get another year with him were lucky. i cried right there. i haven't actually cried since my childhood dog died when i was 13. so that was 13 years ago. hes all doped up from the volum they gave him today. but he seems to be doing well. he's not in any pain. nornor would i allow that. he's been perfectly healthy all of his life. never had any kind of issues ever! this was a complete blindside!

for now I'm happy he's home, didn't even think he was gonna come home ya know. we were all together on the couch as a family when he came home. the first time i smiled all day.

i want to thank all you guys! I've read every post and everyone of them helped! I've been reading them all day but haven't had the time to respond.

thank you really! thank you guys! I'll let you all know what's going on with him. thanks again!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

It sucks big time. I watched my dog of 12 years go downhill so quickly. From perfect healthy dog to losing her in less than a year I actually cried when I went to vet for last time. I hope the meds work and he lives many more years as happy as he has all these past years. This also made me tear up just reading these posts and while writing mine.

2007 Ford Ranger

(ALL YET TO BE INSTALLED - DUE TO WORK SCHEDULES)

K&N Performance Air Intake

Massive Audio D2400 Mono Amplifier

2 Custom Built 8" Subwoofers in Ported Enclosure

Pioneer AVH-P4400BH In Dash Double Din DVD Player (Video Bypassed)

4 - Pioneer TS-A6886R 6" X 8"

2 - SMD Heavy Duty Single ANL Fuse Blocks

2- Stinger SPP1200 Dry Cell Batteries

JL AUDIO Interconnects

2/0 Gauge Big 3

ILL Customz 8 Spot Flat Lug Style Bolt Down Terminals

ILL Customz 1/0 to 4 Gauge Power / Ground Reducers

Factory Alternator

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2002 Cheverlot Monte Carlo SS - (Deceased)

2 - Rockford Fosgate Power 1501BD
1 - Rockford Fosgate Power 851x
Rockford Fosgate Power 6 1/2 Components
Rockford Fosgate Power 3 way 6x9
2 - JL Audio W7 13.5" Subwoofers (Sealed)
Pioneer AVH-P4400BH In - Dash DVD Player
Pioneer AVIC - U250 - Add-on GPS Navigation System
Audio Control 6XS 4 Way Crossover / Line Driver
Ohio Generator 200 Amp Alternator
3 - Stinger SPP1200 Batteries
1 - Optima D34/78 Battery

Archived