Second Skin Audio

What you think if this speaker enclosure?

luism1983

It looks sort of like a SPL oriented box type, no serious functional issues that I can see but that gigantic port out is something not everyone is going to want having, with enough power the box should show what those subs can do. Just set your subsonic filter high specially if playing decaf or the likes on higher power.

As pointed out you may have a clearance issue with the port, will need at least 5" of clearance to the rear gate.

Going off the torres pic you have WAYYY too much port area. You should be in between 12 and 14 per. 20 per is way too high. Surprised no one caught that.

Going off the torres pic you have WAYYY too much port area. You should be in between 12 and 14 per. 20 per is way too high. Surprised no one caught that.

Tuning is pretty high, and you see the per cube high because his net volume is on the lower end, if he had given 0.75 per sub the area per cube would be about 16.

Honestly, what I'd do with that box is take some of the internal airspace away, make a new side(where you cut out for the port) and run sealed if you want to STILL run that box. That or scrap it and do another box the right way from the beginning. It sucks cause that box is pretty, no doubt. You're trying to sacrifice the bad design to get SOMETHING out of it that may sound like crap and take up way more space than it needs to.

Id run it sealed with about half a cube to 3/4 of a cubic foot taken out of the volume inside. I would not run that crazy long port, tuned high like it is. I even ran numbers of my own to get your tuning down by shrinking port area and it's not even worth the hassle.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived