Sundown Audio

My Taramp HD8000 Review

sencheezy

my day was easy as shit today. worked on redoing some reports that were bugging the shit out of me since they were created a while ago and we have better tools now. my boss and my team spent a better part of the day just chit chatting...perfect friday to end on!

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Just a small update.

While two amps have been sent off for repair, I've been demoing at 3 ohms daily. No issues to report. No protect, no over heating (amp), and no fire extinguisher. No audible difference about the output dropping below 35hz or whatever. Still good for 155 on the dash with about 4,000 rms. Voltage doesn't drop below 13.7/13.8 while driving. Idle drops down to 12.8.

Well guys. I demo'd more over this weekend. On Friday Saturday and Sunday. A LOT of demos and A LOT of bails! unfortunately, since my phone crapped out a few weekends ago, no footage. BUT! There is a lot of summer left, getting phone this week, so, footage to come for sure! A lot of people that hang out with aren't used or never heard of bass this loud. And yes, that's just with one amp at 3 ohms just doing ~4000 watts STILL does a 155 at the dash. No issues with the amps, subs, or any equipment over the many hours of demoing this weekend.

As I'm listening to more and more music through my iPod library, I can say one thing for sure. These Ethos are REALLY responsive!!! Like, the Transition Response is CRAZY. You can't hear any kind of "lag" or "delay" as the bass frequency changes. With ANY genre that I listen to lol. You literally have to hear it to believe it.

165db with 237 DC Volts

6 15" SSA Evils

3 HV Taramps T60k @.33

18 XS Power D3400s

Add me on SC, FB, IG, and YT @ Sencheezy

I've been beating the snot out of a single HD8k at 1 ohm nominal for weeks now and it's just fine. At my peak frequency, my rise is around 5ohms and I still AMM-1 dyno'ing ~ 3.5k. It would take a whole lot of Korean to do 3-4k rising to 5 ohms. One thing about them though... man do they get out of shape fast. They go from clean to filthy in a heartbeat. These HD amps come with that amp monitor. Use it. Keep it out of the red light and you will have yourself some big Brazilian power. Get that red light going and your coils and the amp will be pissed.

One amp rising to 5 ohms is good for 154 or so at 39hz on my (3) 12's. The power is legit. But in the interest of full disclosure... they don't give me the warm and fuzzy feeling of security that a good ol' Korean tank does.

Decisions, decisions...

20140626_161417_zpshyaxmptu.jpg

I've been beating the snot out of a single HD8k at 1 ohm nominal for weeks now and it's just fine. At my peak frequency, my rise is around 5ohms and I still AMM-1 dyno'ing ~ 3.5k. It would take a whole lot of Korean to do 3-4k rising to 5 ohms. One thing about them though... man do they get out of shape fast. They go from clean to filthy in a heartbeat. These HD amps come with that amp monitor. Use it. Keep it out of the red light and you will have yourself some big Brazilian power. Get that red light going and your coils and the amp will be pissed.

One amp rising to 5 ohms is good for 154 or so at 39hz on my (3) 12's. The power is legit. But in the interest of full disclosure... they don't give me the warm and fuzzy feeling of security that a good ol' Korean tank does.

Decisions, decisions...

20140626_161417_zpshyaxmptu.jpg

I think you said it best, SECURITY.

That is definately still up in the air for me as well.

A few things that will keep me running the amps, is the price and size. For me to run 3 8k korean amps, will require much more space, and a few thousands of dollars. So, for now if they continue to keep me loud for the rest of the season, then I will continue to use them. I'm still on the fence as far as recommending them for other bassheads alike, but for now, I'm still 50/50 on them.

Also, keep me update on your install as well Taylor. I hope to share some more drunk dancing to Vanilla Ice music with you again at Finals this year LOL.

165db with 237 DC Volts

6 15" SSA Evils

3 HV Taramps T60k @.33

18 XS Power D3400s

Add me on SC, FB, IG, and YT @ Sencheezy

Ice, ice, baby! Lol.

Damn that moonshine!

I don't have a problem recommending them, but it's always with a caveat. And I hate that. But for people that don't beat their amps like red headed step children, they're a no brainer. That HD3000 that started my whirlwind romance with Taramps is still kickin to this day running at half rated impedance.

I will say that that damn 20k is no joke. Holy hell.

Yes they are. Taramps is roughly the same price as Banda, maybe a hair more, nothing major.

And I'm getting my two Banda 7k's for $725 each.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Just wire to rated impedance and have OK voltage and you'll be alright.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Im sitting in the explorer now and its nuts, even on only 1 bass amp! Thanks for the demo brotha!

Archived